For My Valentine

Just another small prompt so yeah

Also a small Au here

Enjoy

---------------

'I'm glad that it's almost closing time' Ian thought as he was finishing watering the flowers before starting to turn off the lights. As he was finishing up, he looked out the window of the store to see a young man sitting on the bench on the other side of the street with their head lowered. Ian thought that it was a bit strange to see the young man along on this special day until he looked closer to see their shoulders slightly shaking and instantly knew what had happened and frowns a bit, feeling sad for the man. Then he looked towards the last bouquet of roses and quickly got an idea.

Ian moved towards it and gently pulled out a single rose, being careful of the dull thorns and swiftly walked out, closing the door behind and headed towards the young man.

Once he was standing in front of the man, Ian slightly cleared his throat, catching the other's attention and when he raised his head, Ian was slightly blown away by how green the other's eyes were, despite his eyes being a bit red from crying.

He quickly snapped out of it and silently held out his hand that was holding the rose, seeing the other looking a bit confused but having a small blush.

Ian slightly smiles as the young man shakily took the rose from him, "For my Valentine" he simply said causing the other to blush more, but shyly smiling back, no longer sad.

(Next Day)

Ian looked back to the entrance when he heard the bell ring and was surprised to find the same man from yesterday, but was a bit glad that he looked better than yesterday. He quickly turned around as he watched the other walking up to the counter, looking a bit shy which Ian thought it was cute and smiles a bit.

"Welcome sir" Ian greeted, still smiling. The young man slightly fidgeted with his fingers from nervousness before clearing his throat a bit. "T-Thank you for yesterday" the young man softly said, "I-Its just I had a bad day yesterday with m-my ex canceling our date only to find out about him cheating on me a-and..." he kept rambling off until he trailed off as he clench his fists a bit and looked away, not noticing Ian's anger expression, but it quickly faded away and soon Ian reached out and gently grabbed the other's hand, causing them to lift their head.

"First off, your ex is a asshole for cheating on you" Ian stated before placing a light kiss on the other's knuckles, causing him to blush a bit, "And secondly, I close my store early so let me take you on a date" he finished with a smile, waiting for a response though he didn't have to wait long.

"O-Okay..."

Xxxxx

After that day, Ian took Crainer onto different dates, some causal and others fancy and at every start of the date, Ian would hand Crainer a single rose, just like when they first met.

Soon enough the dates changed to them getting married and years later, they created a beautiful family and the couple were truly happy.

(Years Later)

It was a cloudy day as a lone male elder was standing in front of a tombstone, sadly staring at the stone. He slightly looked at the bouquet of flowers that his two children brought when they came to visit, though he was slightly sad that he missed them but knew that he could see them after his own visit.

Ian sigh out as he ran his shaky hand through his greying hair before moving down to his knees, ignoring the slight pain in his joints and placed a single rose in front of the stone with a sad smile.

"For my Valentine...." Ian softly said, remembering the first time he had said that to his late husband before coughing a bit.

"I love you Crainer..."

--------------

Comment down of what you think so far and yeah

Piper out-