Scared

it might be a bit sad in the beginning, but it gets better

Enjoy

-------------

Scared

"Ian are you sure about this?" Sky asked his friend, whom nodded, "Yes, I....also need some time to think as well" Ian also added with a frown.

Letting out a sigh, Sky pulled out a folder and passed it to him, "Here, in the folder explains what the assignment is" he quickly explained it. "Thank you Sky" Ian thanked him, feeling grateful before stepping out of the office.

Once he was alone in the hallway, Ian leaned against the wall before sliding down and ran his fingers through his hair, slightly loosening a few strands of hair from his pony tail.

'Am I doing the right thing? I mean....I should be happy, but I'm really scared that I might mess something up....but I don't want to get rid of it since it made Crainer happy.....' Ian thought with a deep sigh, knowing that he was happy, but at the same time really scared that he would be a good parent.

Then he shook those thoughts away before getting to his feet and stepped out of the base, instantly heading to his destination for his mission.

(Three Years Later)

"Ian! Your back!" Sky happily exclaimed as he gave the other man a one-arm hug. Ian simply let him with a smile, "I'm glad to be back" Ian said before placing a notebook on the desk, "I've completed the mission" Ian said.

Sky grinned at him, "Good.....also did you manage to figure yourself out?" he asked, which the other man paused for a moment before nodding, "Yeah..." Ian answered with a tone of regret in his voice.

"I-I don't know if I could face him..." Ian said in a sad tone, making Sky frown and patted his shoulder, "Don't think like that, he would be happy to see you again" the commander firmly told him before pushing him towards the door, "Go see them"

Still worried, Ian slowly nodded at Sky's idea and walked out of the office and towards the familiar path.

Xxxxx

Ian was standing in front of the two-story house with a nervous expression.

It had been three years since Ian had seen Crainer and ever since, Ian had regretted leaving Crainer behind, but now that he's standing here, he was very scared of the possibility of Crainer either moved on or hating him.

Taking a deep breath, Ian forced his feet towards the front door, slightly hesitating on knocking, but pushed that feeling down before knocking three times and waited.

He could faintly heard small footsteps heading towards the front door before the door opened up, revealing a three-years-old girl, wearing a simply blue dress.

Ian felt his throat closing a bit at the site of her and knew who he was looking at. Besides, he could see a bits of himself and Crainer in her.

"Hello" the girl called out in a curious tone, which Ian quickly cleared his throat and gave her a slight watery smile.

"H-Hey there...i-is your parents home?" Ian hesitantly asked, which the girl quickly nodded and quickly ran off, leaving the door open.

"MOM!" he heard her call out then he heard a familiar voice answering back, making him slightly tear up a bit. "What is it Gertrude?" he heard a familiar voice, then he heard another set of footsteps and came out a familiar site of his lovely boyfriend.

Ian could see a few stress lines, which made him guilty for leaving him, but other than that, Crainer still look beautiful to him.

"I-Ian" Crainer sounded shocked when he saw who was at the door.

Both men were staring at each other before Crainer teared up before his face turned a bit angry which he stomped towards the older man and quickly slapped him. Caught off guard, Ian placed his hand on his bruised cheek, mentally telling himself that he deserved it and looked back to Crainer, not saying anything.

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS!? I THOUGHT THAT YOU WERE HURT OR WORSE DEAD!?" Crainer shouted at him in an angry tone, but soon tears was falling down his cheeks. "WHY DID YOU LEAVE WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!? I THOUGH that you hated me or left me" Crainer's voice soon died down to a whisper before quickly wrapping his arms around Ian, slightly sobbing on his chest.

Ian quickly wrapped his arms around the smaller man, comforting him. "I'm sorry...I was scared okay...." Ian softly admitted, tightening his grip.

The embrace lasted for a few minutes before a small voice called out.

"Mommy?" they broke apart and turned to see the same little girl with a confused expression.

Crainer softly laughs, "Come here sweetie" he said, which she quickly ran to him, wrapping her small arms around Crainer's leg while looking up at Ian with a nervous expression. "Come meet your father" Crainer said, making the girl's expression turn from nervousness to excitement and curiosity.

Gertrude moved from her hiding spot and moved towards Ian before reaching out, grabbing his hand, making Ian teared up and smiles at her.

"Hey there" he said with a smile, making the girl smile back.

"You're not scared anymore?" she asked, which made Ian confused before kneeling down to her height. "What do you mean?" he asked, making Gertrude tilts her head.

"Mommy said that you left because you were scared, but you're here now, so you're not scared anymore!" the girl happily said with a smile.

Ian thought about what she said before slowly nodding, "Yeah...I'm not scared anymore" he answered before pulling her into a hug, whom she happily hugged back with a giggle.

Crainer couldn't help, but tear up at the happy reunion, "Come in Ian, I'm sure you're very tired" he said with a laugh. The older man nodded in agreement before standing up, holding his daughter up and Crainer led him inside.

---------------

Cute ending....I think idk XD

Comment down of what you think so far and yeah

Piper out-