Chapter 116

NEWT POV: 

I got the stuff and did a final check on the animals. They were all okay. I ran back to the kitchen and I swear it was bloody getting colder and colder. I entered the kitchen and the door was closed behind me. I gave the stuff to the medjacks and went to check on Thomas. "Hey, how you doing Tommy" I asked. I sat next to Thomas and rested his head on my shoulder. "I'm fine. You feel cold Newt" said Thomas. "Ya, it's bloody getting colder out there" I said. "How long do you think we can last" asked Jeff. "We'll be fine. I'm sure WCKD will fix this" I said. "Newt, Gally, Thomas, private now" said Minho. I helped Thomas up and we all went to the corner so it was just us. "Do you think WCKD wants us to leave" asked Minho. "No, they would of told us" said Thomas. "So what, we sit here and freeze? Where are we on earth" said Gally. "Antarctica. We can't keep the ovens running forever. And even so all the food will eventually run out" I said. 

"We have to get everyone out of here with out freezing" said Minho. "Do you think the humans took over WCKD and are trying to kill us" asked Gally. "No, it doesn't make sense. They would recognize Brenda and Teresa. If anything they would bring us out of the maze" I said. "The temperature keeps dropping. We are gonna freeze" said Thomas. He started crying. It might be mood swings. "We will be fine Tommy. WCKD needs us alive" I said. I hugged Thomas as he cried into my chest. I admit I'm scared and have no idea what to do but we made it this far. 

THOMAS POV: 

I closed my eyes and hugged Newt. I silently cried. "What if we bring everyone out of the maze" said Minho. "I can't even begin to think of how to explain everything" said Newt. There was banging on the door. I opened my eyes and sat up. "Did we miss anyone" asked Newt. "No, I counted and made sure we had everyone" said Brenda. She sneezed. She might be getting a cold. I'm sure we all are. The door was kicked down and there was three men dressed in snow gear carrying boxes. 

One took his mask off and it was Max. "Hello gladers, I am the leader of WCKD. However our main heating pipe to this maze was damaged so you can either comedown in the box with us or stay here and freeze" said Max. "How are we gonna go out there with out freezing" asked a boy. The men put the boxes down and opened them to reveal coats, hats, gloves, boats, and snow pants. "Now, the heat is dropping by the second so if you wish to survive hurry up and put these on" said Max. Everyone quickly went to the box and grabbed stuff. I just waited till there was less people crowding the box because seven months pregnant will do that to you. I finally went to the boxes and Newt helped me put the stuff on. Which the pants and coat were specifically for me because of the size they were. Plus with how big my stomach is I can't fit into the other sizes. I got my stuff on and Newt being the leader made sure every one else did as well. Once everyone was ready outside and most of us ran to the box. It was still snowing. Newt ended up carrying me because I can't run that well. Newt handed me to some boys and then jumped down into the box.