Chapter 29

NEWT POV:

"Did you guys find anything in the maze" asked Chuck. "No, not yet but we will get out one day" said Thomas patting Chuck's shoulder. "Oh, how is your leg Newt" asked Chuck. "Fine, still isn't healed yet but it will be soon" I said. Thomas and I talked to a few other gladers. After lunch Thomas and I walked around the glade. We hung out with some other glades till nightfall. We went to our hammock in the woods. I laid on Thomas' chest and looked up at the night sky threw the trees. Thomas slowly rocked the hammock. I had my hands on my stomach with Thomas holding one arm over his chest. I yawned. I was a little surprised by what it felt like. I never yawned before. "I don't want to fall asleep tonight Tommy" I said. "Newt you're tired. You have to sleep to get better" said Thomas. "I never should of took that bloody pain killer pill" I said a little angry. Thomas kissed the top of my head. "Just close your eyes and get it over with. I'll be right here when you wake up" said Thomas. 

I signed and closed my eyes. I heard a roar. Grievers. I started running. I looked back and saw the grievers chasing me. I looked forward and kept running. I saw the doors of the maze start closing. Thomas was on the other end. "COME ON NEWT" He yelled. I ran faster. A griever roared and grabbed me. The griever pulled me back and the doors sealed shut for the night. I tried to free myself but I was stung. The grievers kept attacking me. "THOMAS" I yelled bolting up. I was instantly met with a warm hug from Thomas.

THOMAS POV:

Newt relaxed as I hugged him. We laid there hugging for a while. I rubbed Newt's back and heard him cry a little. "It's okay Newt, you'll be fine" I said. I slowly rocked the hammock and tried to calm Newt down. Honestly I have no idea what it's like to go threw the nightmares with your ten fears but I know that Newt would do the same thing if it was me instead of him. Newt called down and stopped crying. We broke the hug and sat up. "You okay" I asked. "Ya, let's just get some breakfast" said Newt.

I stood up and handed Newt his crutches. "I can't wait till I don't need these blood crutches" said Newt a little annoyed. "Well you have a few more weeks" I said. Newt stood up. "Don't bloody remind me" he said annoyed. I smiled. "Come on let's go get breakfast" I said. We started heading to the kitchen. "Don't forget your lunch again today" said Newt. "That was one time" I said annoyed. Newt laughed and we made it to the kitchen. We started eating. I noticed Minho wasn't eating. "Is Minho okay" I asked. Newt turned and looked at him. Minho grabbed some toast and ate it. "Probably, why you ask" asked Newt turning back to me. We continued eating. "He looks like he has something on his mind" I said. "I'm sure he is just thinking about finding the exit soon" said Newt. "Which won't happen" I said. "Unless he finds a way to kill a griever" said Newt. We finished eating and Newt made sure I had my lunch before I left the kitchen. I said good by and followed the runners into the maze. We ran into section 1 today (I don't remember the order of the maze). We made it to the blades and the buzzing in my head started.