Chapter 65

NEWT POV:

This counts as Alby being 'gone' so I am now in charge. "Let's put him in the hospital for now" I said. We picked up Alby and tied him to a bed so he can't move. I called a meeting on the keepers to decide what should be done. "We have to banish Alby. I'm sorry but we can't help him" said Gally. "What if WCKD sends up a cure or something" asked Frypan. "Now, they haven't for three years" said Winston. I signed. "Minho, Clint, Jeff, and Zart what do you think" I asked. Minho signed. "Well I wish there was something we could do but the only thing that is safest for everyone is to banish Alby" said Minho. "It's sad to see him go but he was stung. Alby would tell us the same thing if he could" said Zart. Clint and Jeff both agreed and said nothing. I signed. "Okay, tonight we will banish Alby. Jeff and Clint I want you two to make sure he does not wake up until then" I said. They both nodded and everyone started leaving. I sat on the steps. Minho sat next to me.

"Are you sure there is nothing we can do? Not even halfing related" asked Minho. "If there was I wouldn't of called this meeting" I said sadly. "If we turned him into a halfing would that do anything" asked Minho. "I don't know. Even if it did how would we bloody explain Alby's sudden change to everyone? It would expose us and how would Alby feel" I asked. Minho signed. "So you're okay with what WCKD does" asked Minho. "No, not all of it. All the people that died here I don't like that part but it's part of war" I said.

THOMAS POV:

After the meeting Newt, Minho, Teresa, and I talked at the sleep area. I did sit up to talk to them. "You feeling okay" asked Teresa. "Ya I'm fine. What about what happens with Alby" I asked. Newt and Minho were silent for a moment. "He has to be banished. There is nothing we can do for him" said Minho. I signed and looked at the floor. Newt sat next to me and pulled me closer. "Tommy I know it's bad but no one likes this idea. We can't help him though and you know that" said Newt holding me. 

"I knew this was gonna happen" I said still looking at the floor. "What" asked Minho confused. "Back when I broke up with Newt there was a boy who called himself maze. He said that Alby was stung and Maze helped me get back together with Newt" I said. "How, I was only gone for five minutes that night" said Newt confused. "I had a vision. When we were running in the maze Maze told me I have till midnight to change my mind or see what my life would be like if I entered the maze as a human. Newt and Gally were both halfings" I said. "Why didn't you say anything" asked Teresa. "How could I? It sounded crazy to me" I said. "What happened in your vision" asked Newt. I started explaining everything (you already read it all). There was a silence. "So is there still no cure" asked Minho. "Ya, my visions and Maze said nothing about a cure so there is nothing we can do" I said sadly looking at the floor. Newt rubbed my back and may me lean against his chest. "It will be alright Tommy. We will get threw this" said Newt.