Chapter 80

THOMAS POV:

I had a quick bathroom break and then Lake put Newt and me in the pit. He wasn't happy about it but he said it was just for now. All the other gladers were having a meeting. Minho and Teresa were there as well. Newt and I just sat on the floor. "How do you think the meeting is going" asked Newt. "Terrible" I said. "Why" asked Newt. I signed. "I had another vision" I said. "What about" asked Newt. "Lake said that they would let me give birth to our sons but then he would kill them" I said. Newt bolted up. "I will break his bloody face" he said between gritted teeth. I stood up. "Newt it's not worth it" I said putting my hands on Newt's shoulders. "Lake said he will bloody kill our sons" said Newt angrily. "I know but attacking him will just make it worse" I said. Newt signed. He touched my stomach and got on his knees. "Don't worry you two. Lake won't bloody touch you" said Newt. I smiled as he rubbed my stomach. I sat down next to him and rested my head on his chest. 

We sat there waiting. I started to hear Ben, Alby, Dakota, Tyler, Teresa, and Minho yelling in the distance. It was too far away to hear but I can only imagine how the meeting is going. Newt rubbed my arm. "Tommy" he asked. "Ya Newt" I said. Newt took a deep breath. "Did our sons die in your vision" asked Newt. "No, it was just us arguing with Lake" I said. "I still don't see why WCKD can't just send us back to our maze" said Newt. "If it comes down to it I will be banished and raise our sons in the maze" I said.

NEWT POV:

"How" I asked. "I don't know. I mean you guys can give us food every night and the grievers won't attack us. Other than that I don't know" I said. "YOU'RE PATHETIC" Teresa yelled. There was more yelling and people started leaving the council hall. Teresa, Minho, Ben, Alby, Tyler, and Dakota came up to us. "Well" I asked already fearing the answer. "Lake wants to kill your sons" said Ben. "How do you know if they are both boys or even both" asked Thomas pretending to be confused. Ben signed annoyed. 

"We gotta tell him" said Alby. "Tell me what" asked Thomas. I shook my head. "Hey Newt was the one who said not to" said Teresa putting her hands up. "Tell this shank" said Dakota. Thomas looked at me. "Tell me what" asked Thomas. I signed. "Ben was spying on us our first night here and when I ran in the woods after him Ben told Alby everything" I said. Thomas swallowed. "So, they remember everything" he asked with a little bit of fear in his voice. "I'm not gonna attack you again greenie" said Ben. "Ya I know but, you're both....okay with this" asked Thomas looking at Ben. "Just because you're half griever doesn't mean I'll hate you" said Alby. "Now that I'm thinking about it where is the baby birth whole" asked Minho. "Uh is this gonna be MEN talk" asked Teresa nervously. "It's behind the 'thing' but why are you bloody asking this" I said confused. "You never taught me THIS part of being a halfings" said Minho. "Wait can all halfings become pregnant" asked Teresa. "Yes, it depends on how all the...stuff happened" I said. Lake started heading to the gate. "Great" said Alby sarcastically. Lake made it and sat in front of the gate. We all frowned at him.