Chapter 84

THOMAS POV:

Newt hugged me and I closed my eyes. My head still hurt from the dream but I am still half griever. The other farmers went back to work. "What did you see Tommy" asked Newt. I told him everything. The ultrasound, the red gas, Minho fainting, and the pain that went threw my body. I took a few deep breaths and calmed myself down. "What time is it" I asked. "The runners came back while you were asleep and it's almost time to leave" said Newt. I stood up. "Can we eat before we leave" I asked. Newt stood up. "Ya, they are putting us in the box after we eat. Teresa already told Minho" said Newt. We walked to the kitchen. Dinner was really silent. I think mostly because no one knows what to say. After we ate everyone went to the box. Newt jumped in and then held his arms out to help me. I climbed down and sat as Newt held me. He put me on my feet and then Minho and Teresa jumped in. "I hope your child lives old enough to walk the earth" said Lake. I was confused. 

"Thanks" I said a little awkwardly. Guess maybe Lake isn't as evil as I thought. The gladers closed the gate and started walking away. We sat down and waited for the box to go down. I laid down. My stomach is showing a tiny bit but it's not notice able. We were silent. A hour or so later the top finally closed and the box went down. I sat up and held Newt's hand. The box made it to the bottom and stopped. The doors to the tram opened and the leader of our group of WCKD was there. "Get in" he said.

NEWT POV: 

We stood up and I helped Thomas up. The man was holding onto one of the poles. We all entered and sat down on one of the chairs. The doors closed when we were all sitting. I braced myself for the tram to take off like a rocket again. It started moving at a normal speed. "Oh come on" said Teresa annoyed. "Why is it slower" I asked. "Last time you were on here the tram thought it was behind schedule. Now we have all night. However it will only take a hour to get back" said the man.

I don't know his name. We rode in silence for a few minutes. "Hows everyone in the glade" asked Thomas. "Fine. There was a little bit of chaos but the gladers as you call them got their poop in a group and tried to make the best of it. The greenies that we sent up were Ramon Glitch and another halfing Aris Jones (I look it up that is his last name and originally he was gonna be human but I thought screw  it). Aris went up yesterday" said the man. "Well, at least I'm not third wheeling anymore" said Minho. "What" I asked. "I feel like I'm third wheeling with you two every night" said Minho. "So uh, wha..what happen to Stephen Lemlock" asked Thomas changing the subject. The man signed. "He was turned into a halfing. After that he was given to two halfings who couldn't conceive a child of their own. They renamed him Thomas" said the man. We were all shocked. "Wait, so you're say that Thomas is actually my brother Stephen and he has been this whole time" asked Teresa. "That's why we sent you up into the maze but I'm curious. Minho Thomas" said the man. We all looked at the man. "If there was ever a chance you could become human again,  would you take it" asked the man. I froze and looked at Thomas with fear in my eyes.