Chapter 78

THOMAS POV:

"Are all the mazes in Antarica" I asked. "Ya, I don't know how many there are or how far we are from our maze but it's the only place left you can hide a bunch of boys (America is in war. All the boys are drafted or choose sent to WCKD while the girls work in factories to build shit. Otherwise we wouldn't have stuff to fight a war with. With the exception of Teresa of course). However most of the countries gave in and gave halfings equal rights as humans so the war is mostly in America and other countries" said Newt. "What country are you from. I noticed you have a accent and you didn't when we were in school together" I said. "I was born in America. After middle school my dads moved to England for a few years. We moved back to America and I entered the maze (is that right?)" said Newt. "Oh" I said. "Get some sleep" said Newt. "But I can't remember" I asked. Newt was confused. "Really? You've been sleeping haven't you" asked Newt. I shook my head. "I just close my eyes but I'm still awake" I said.

Newt was no longer confused. "Well you can do that" he said. I closed my eyes and snuggled with Newt. I smiled as we laid there. The next morning after breakfast the medjacks wanted to check up on my 'stomach bug.' I tried to tell them I'm fine but Lake said it's either a check up or I start working. "Okay just lay on the bed there" said Teresa. I put the bucket I had on the floor. I laid down and Teresa lifted my shirt. She started gently pushing my stomach. "What are you doing" I asked. "I'm just checking up on the babies" said Teresa.

MINHO POV:

Ben talked to Lake about me being a runner. Why? The runners split up in the blades like in our maze. The runners showed me the map and it's the same thing. I mean the maze is a little different but the buzzing, the sections, the blades, they haven't found the exit is all the same. I followed Ben to where it was just the two of us. "Why did you ask Blake if I could be a runner" I said. "You were in the keeper of the runners in the other maze" said Ben. 

He walked away. I was surprised and ran after Ben. "Ben wait" I said. Ben stopped and turned to me. I caught up to him and stopped running. "What do you mean the other maze" I asked. "Teresa and Newt didn't tell you" asked Ben. "No" I said. "Oh Newt only said not to tell Thomas. Anyway it was me who was spying on you four when you said you were halfings or whatever. I told Alby and got my memories back. I remember everything and Newt explained everything to us" said Ben. "And you're okay with all this" I asked. "Sorta, personally I find the whole war stupid but it's nice the grievers won't kill humans like we thought" said Ben. We started walking again. "What all did Newt tell you" I asked. "He told me how Alby was stung, you became a halfing, and Teresa coming up in the box. Teresa also told me her and Newt plan on throwing Thomas a surprise birthday party and Thomas is....pregnant right" asked Ben. "Ya, that about sums it up but wouldn't it also be Teresa's birthday two? We think their twins" I said. "Well they do look like they are related. Anyway it's mostly for Thomas to make him feel better" said Ben.