Chapter 74

THOMAS POV:

"What if Thomas is your brother" asked Minho looking at Teresa. "Does he even have the birth mark on his shoulder" asked Teresa. "Ya" I said. "Well maybe but how long have you been a halfing" asked Teresa. "As long as I can remember" I said. "Can they even turn a baby into a halfing? A baby can't even walk" said Teresa. "Probably if it's a boy anyway. We aren't that different after all" said Newt. "Then how come there are no girl halfings" asked Teresa. We all shrugged. "Anyway about the whole jobs" I said. "Well I'm hoping Blake will let me become a runner. I would of mentioned you as well Thomas but the whole" Minho started. "It's okay Minho, I'm too exhausted to run anyway" I said. "Well Newt and I should be okay on the farm but Albly and Minho I'm not sure" said Teresa. "I'm better at being a runner" said Minho. We continued eating and then everyone went to work. I saw Blake and Ben talking. I'm sure it's just runner business. Newt walked me back to the hammock and gave me a bucket in case I throw up again.

I closed my eyes after he left. I couldn't help but remember when I accidentally stung Teresa. Her father wasn't president at the time. Anyway it was third grade during recess. We were playing where Teresa was the human princess and the halfings kidnapped her. The humans had to save her. Teresa, Newt, and I climbed a tree. I had my nails long cause I wasn't that good. A branch broke and Teresa started to fall. I grabbed her and stopped her but my nails entered her arm and she was stung. She was rushed to the hospital and the teachers didn't punish me because it was a accident. However her dad slapped me and ordered us halfings never to go near Teresa again. After that she was home schooled and in fourth grade Minho moved to town and became friends with Newt and I. He was also friends with Tyler but I didn't know him that well.

NEWT POV:

I kissed Thomas on the forehead and left. I ran to the farm. I can still run but this stupid limp slows me down. I honestly can't wait till we are aloud to leave the bloody mazes after the war is over and I can get some bloody surgery to replace the medal in my leg.

I made it and the gladers had us 'greenies' sort the fruit. Minho also tried to show off his running skills. Luckily for Teresa anyway there was a accident with the slices. A lot of them got cut from trying to kill the animals and Teresa volunteered to help bandage them up. That left Me, Minho, and Alby left to work on the farm. Alby was okay with farming. Which since he spent a whole month in the maze alone before I'm sure he learned to take care of himself and how to do everything. "So, your husband" said Tyler. "What about him" I asked. "I think he hates me" said Tyler. "He doesn't hate you. Tommy just has mood swings from being pregnant and that we are no longer in our maze" I said. "Ya well maybe we can do something to make him feel better" said Tyler. I got a idea. "I'll be right back" I said. I ran over to the hospital and entered. "Oh come on Newt. How did you get hurt" asked Teresa annoyed. "No I didn't" I said. "Oh, then why did you come here. Thomas is still in his hammock" said Teresa. "When is your birthday" I asked. Teresa thought for a moment.