Chapter 35

I DIDN'T MAKE IT I JUST FIND IT FUNNY

NEWT POV:

I was walking around the glade with Thomas enjoying the sun light. Which is just a bunch of lights. The maze is just a building but we can't see the sky. It's all fake. Minho and some other runners ran out of the maze. One if the runners had a object in his hand. "What is that" asked Thomas. "I'm not sure" I said. (The thing in the grievers but remember they never seen one before). "Alby call a meeting" Minho said happily. "What for" asked Alby confused. "We found the exit" said Minho happily. Alby's face lit up with excitement. I looked at Thomas and we were both shocked with fear. We ran up to Minho. "Hey I was just gonna look for you, can you believe this" asked Minho happily. "No not really" I said nervously. "We found the exit. Why are you two not happy? You look like we saw something scary" said Minho. Thomas and I said nothing. We had a meeting in the glader hall area. We all started running towards the exit. WCKD is gonna kill us. I failed. 

What are my dads gonna say? I threw up in fear and everyone looked at me surprised. "Newt you okay" asked Alby. "Ya, I'll be fine" I said. "Okay let's go to the exit" said Alby. "No, we can't" said Thomas. Every one was surprised. "Why" asked Gally. "We don't know what's out there" said Thomas. Every one ignored them and started leaving. Thomas followed them. "No" I said. I tried to follow but they found the exit. I couldn't stop them. "THOMAS" I yelled into a pair of hands. I realized it was Thomas and relaxed a little.

THOMAS POV:

The second Newt bolted up I covered his mouth with my hands. When Newt calmed down I removed my hands and held him in my arms. We silently laid there till everyone else got up. I got up to see how muddy the ground is. Mostly to see if Newt can use his crutches. I don't want him to slip and get all muddy. The ground is mostly dry though. We all had breakfast and then ran into the maze. Minho hasn't really spoke to us yet about his choice. Hopefully he will soon. We entered section 4 today.

We ran around like always. "Hey greenie, congratulations" said a runner. I was confused. I didn't accomplish anything. I don't think I did anyway. "What" I asked confused. "They are sending a new greenie up today" said the runner. I relaxed a little. "I bet he will be so scared he will wet himself" a runner joked. "You mean like you, crying for your mommy" another runner joked. "Hey at least I didn't scream like a girl" the first runner joked. The rest of us snickered and laughed. I just remember how I ran and then face planted. Looking back at it I guess it was funny. After a hour or so we had lunch. We talked about what we think the new greenie will be like. Minho joined in and said the new greenie will probably be a cook or something. I agree but if the greenie does become a runner then hopefully we don't repeat the night in the maze. Alby was not happy about that. After lunch we looked around more and ran to the glade. I know I missed the box come back up today but hopefully I didn't miss anything too exciting. We stopped running when we saw everyone by the tree fort.