Chapter 49

THE STAR

THOMAS POV:

So that ended up becoming a food fight. Mostly a cake fight cause it was all we had left to throw. We still ate the cake and Newt did get me back by throwing some cake at my face. We later finished off the cake and cleaned up. We also had to clean our self off. Now the glade doesn't have showers but we do have hoses for the farm so we took turns hosing each other off. I took my shirt off and saw Newt blushing. He looked away. "Newt we just got married. You can see me naked" I said. "HEY GET A ROOM IF YOU'RE GONNA STRIP" a boy yelled. I signed annoyed. "The point is you don't have to hide your blushing. It's cute" I said. Newt blushed harder. I turned to start walking up to the hose. "Hey Tommy" said Newt. "Ya" I said as I stopped and turned to face him. "Is that a birthmark" asked Newt. I looked at my left shoulder which had a birthmark. It was a black star. "I don't know for sure but it's been there forever" I said. "It's cute" said Newt. 

I smiled and walked up to the hose. Newt and I hosed each other off and then let some of the other boys clean up. We saw Teresa and Minho sitting at Minho's hammock. Teresa was a little sad. We decided to let them handle what ever it is. I put my shirt back on after cleaning the cake off. Newt and I can't have a honey moon but we can spend the rest of the night together. Minho later joined us at the camp fire. "Teresa fell asleep" said Minho. "Is she okay? We saw you talking earlier" I said. 

NEWT POV:

"Ya she just misses her twin brother" said Minho. "Wait Teresa has a twin" I asked. "Ya, he was taken away when they were a baby. Only her families knows about it" said Minho. "Do they know what happened to him" asked Thomas. Minho signed and made sure no human was in ear shot. "His name was Stephen. He was taken away by halfing" said Minho. We said nothing. "Maybe WCKD knows what happens to him. I mean they have files on all of us so maybe Teresa's will have something on it" I said. 

"Okay but, the only way to know for sure that she found is the black star on his left shoulder" said Minho. Thomas and I froze. Black star on left shoulder? I remember seeing Thomas have that same thing. Is he.......I looked over at Thomas. He held his head as if dealing with bad memories. "Tommy" I asked putting my hand on his shoulder. Thomas' eyes rolled back in his head and he fainted. I caught him in my arms. "Too much cake" asked Minho. "No uh" I said unsure on how to finish. I rolled down the sleeve on Thomas' left shoulder and showed Minho the star. He was surprised. I fixed Thomas' shirt. "Tomorrow night we will see what WCKD knows" said Minho. He left. I picked up Thomas bridal style and carried him to his hammock. I laid him down and looked at him. Could he really have been born a human? To be honest I don't care. I don't believe it would be any different if he was human. Well our history would be different but I am pretty sure we would still date and he would of became a halfing anyway and so would Minho I bet. I laid down and held Thomas in my arms.