Chapter 9

NEWT POV:

Thomas and I both blush a little. "What about every one else, there are girl humans" said Thomas. "Ya but some humans date other people the same gender. The humans call it gay" I said. We continued walking. "Anyway we have to go and watch Ben get banished. Then when every one is asleep we will have to go make sure the grievers kill Ben, and no one can follow us tonight" I said. We left and got ready. Thomas doesn't have to do anything but I have to help in the banishment. All the keepers and Alby except Minho had poles to push Ben in. Every one else just had a wooden spear. Every one stood by the entrance and waited for Ben and Minho to get here. Minho walked Ben here with his arms tied behind his head. "Listen to me, just please listen to me" said Ben as he walked by us. Minho set Ben down on his knees and cut the rope freeing Ben's arms. Ben fell to his hands and knees. He started crying a little. Minho walked up to the maze with a small bag. Ben started begging Minho to not throw it.

Minho looked at Alby who nodded. The maze sounded and Minho threw the bag into the maze. The maze made more sounds and the wind came. "POLES" Alby yelled. We pointed our poles at Ben who turn and faced us. I saw Chuck left. To be honest I don't believe any one enjoys this. Ben stood up. "Open" said Alby. We pushed Ben in as the doors started closing. Ben tried to stop us but we pushed him in and heard one final yell as the doors sealed shut for the night. We were all silent. 

THOMAS POV:

Alby put his pole on the door and turned around. We were all silent. "He belongs to the maze now" said Alby. We all left and went to bed. Newt and I pretended to sleep till it was time to go make sure Ben dies. We saw that Ben's name had a line threw it. Newt and I made sure every one was asleep and no one followed us tonight. We climbed the wall and then climbed back down. We started running to find Ben. "BEN" Newt yelled. We started running and calling for Ben. A griever roared. "Come on" said Newt. 

We ran and saw Ben get dragged off by a griever. "Well, he's dead. Let's head back" said Newt. We ran back to the glade and climbed the wall again. We climbed down and spend the rest of the night walking around the glade. Not by the sleeping people though. "I still want to be a runner but what if I accidentally show them the exit" I asked. "Well it's up to you if you wanna take that chance but if you think you can hide it from them then go ahead" said Newt. "Why didn't you ever become runner" I asked. "I tried it, it wasn't really my thing. I could never keep up with them and I feared I would expose where the exit is so I quit" said Newt. We later went back to the sleep area and pretended to sleep. When morning came Newt and I pretended to wake up and we later had breakfast. Today I had to work with the slicers. If Newt was right about the medjacks then I don't want to become a slicer. They get cut too much. Winston handed me a knife and told me to start cutting up some of the animals.