Chapter 27

NEWT POV:

"No idea but it's just a nightmare" I said. We finished eating and I showed Thomas where my hammock is. I laid down on it and Thomas set my hammock against the wall of the maze. Thomas slowly laid down next to me and put his hands around me. We laid awake waiting for it to get dark. "So what are your ten fears" asked Thomas. I signed. "Well, I already went threw losing you, being alone, and worms. The others are death, the grievers turning against us, being blind, them finding the exit, being hated by everyone, spiders, and being trapped" I said. Thomas kissed my forehead. "Just remember I'm here with you threw these nightmares" said Thomas. I hugged him. "I know Tommy" I said. I closed my eyes and started to fall asleep. I was running. I fell to my knees and coughed. I looked up and saw I was on a high cliff. I looked around and saw Thomas on the other end with everyone else. The only way across was a bridge. A flimsy bridge. I slowly stood up and stumbled a little. I regained my balance. I walked onto the bridge.

The bridge moved and I grabbed onto the ropes that were used as handle bars. I started walking across the bridge. I made it half way and heard a snap. I looked down and saw the wooden plank fall. More started braking and I ran. I jumped as the last one broke and Thomas reached for my hands. I reached but missed. I started falling. I looked and saw Thomas' face as I fell to my death. "THOMAS" I yelled bolting up. Thomas hugged me and rubbed my back. "It's okay Newt, it's not real" said Thomas. I relaxed and hugged back. 

THOMAS POV:

My only issue with Newt and I laying together while he sleeps is how much Newt sweats. He sweats a lot. Then again it's just from the nightmares so it will be over soon. "You okay" I asked. "Ya" said Newt. I kissed his forehead. "Come on. Let's get breakfast" I said. I stood up and got Newt's crutches. I helped Newt stand up and we walked to the kitchen. "So what was your nightmare about" I asked as we walked. Newt signed and explained it all. I am surprised how I'm always there.

"You sure you're okay" I asked. "Ya I'm fine Tommy. Still a little shooken by the nightmare but I will be fine" said Newt. "I'm still gonna worry about you" I said. "I know Tommy, I would do the same" said Newt. I smiled. "I wish I could hold you while we walk" I said. "Well you are not gonna bloody carry me" said Newt annoyed. "But I like to" I said. "Well I'll be the one carrying you in the future" said Newt. "Why is that" I asked. Newt said nothing and just blushed. We made it to the kitchen and Newt sat down at the table. I got two trays with food and went back to the table. After breakfast I said goodbye to Newt and ran into the maze with the other runners. We ran and entered section 6. "Okay everyone look around" said Minho. I looked around with some of the other runners. I felt the buzzing in my head like always. I pretended to actually look around for a exit. Some of the boys tried climbing the wall but there was a glass dome over us. "They must not want us to climb the walls" said Minho. "There is nothing out past this" said a runner. "It might be under ground" I said. "Okay, let's have lunch and then look for a trap door or something" said Minho.