Chapter 21

NEWT POV:

After lunch I agreed to rest. I just lied awake waiting for Thomas to get back. The medjacks said it will take six to eight weeks for my leg to heal. Which means I will have about two months to heal. Some of the boys slept and Lewis just got whatever we needed. I closed my eyes and pretended to sleep. I don't need to but I'm bored. The medjacks did give me some pain medicine earlier. I was walking around the glade. Something feels different. I don't know why but this feels fake. Thomas ran up to me. "COME ON WE HAVE TO GO" he yelled. Thomas grabbed my hand and started running. "Wait slow down Tommy" I said stopping him. Thomas stopped and looked at me. "What is bloody going on" I asked. "GET THEM" Alby yelled. All the boys ran after us. Ben threw a knife at Thomas' heart. He started to die. "No, Tommy" I said as I laid him down. The other boys ran up and started dragging me away. "No, Tommy" I yelled. I was being dragged away. "THOMAS" I yelled bolting up. Every one else bolted up. 

I must of had a nightmare. I was breathy heavy and tried to relax. Thomas put his hand on my shoulder. "You okay Newt, you're sweating" said Thomas. I hugged Thomas and closed my eyes. "It's just a nightmare" I said. Every one relaxed a little. "Wait, you had a nightmare" asked Thomas confused. I know we can be put to sleep with certain medicine but we are robots. We can't dream at all. I think. "I'll explain later, let's just hold each other right now" I said. Thomas laid in my hammock with me. I relaxed and opened my eyes.

THOMAS POV:

I'm glade Newt was okay. After I finished for today I went to see Newt but he wasn't waking up. He was sweating like crazy. Newt woke up screaming my name and I was scared at first but then he said it was just a stupid bad dream which made me relax. I laid Newt on my chest. "Can I ask what the nightmare was about" I asked. Newt signed. He explained how in his dream we were both half griever or something and every one in the glade tried to kill us. Ben was the one who killed me.

Newt and I had to pretend that us being half grievers was just in Newt's nightmare. Other wise it would probably become real. Except for Ben killing me. It would of been one of the other boys. I laid with Newt in silence. I wonder why he had a nightmare. When I was put to sleep and woke up in the box I didn't have anything. I just fell asleep and woke up. I didn't even know we could have nightmares. "Come on, lets get some dinner" I said. I picked up Newt and carried him to the kitchen. I set him at the table and got a plate of food. We started eating. "So how long till your leg is healed" I asked. "Six to eight weeks" said Newt. "Oh, I heard you were put in the pit today. What happened? Is everything okay" I asked. "Ya, I just tried to work today and then Alby had me put in the pit so I can rest until lunch. After that I decided to just wait till my leg is healed" said Newt. I signed annoyed. "Of course you should rest. Your leg needs to heal" I said. Newt nodded clearly not happy about this.