Chapter 38

NEWT POV:

Minho only blushed a little. "How do humans like other genders" asked Thomas. I kinda agree. "How are you two both gay" asked Minho. "There are no genders for grievers. We just say we are male because we have the same build but we can become pregnant" I said. "So you are saying that if I become half griever I can become pregnant" asked Minho. "Maybe" said Thomas. "But it can't be with Teresa. It won't work because she is human" I said. "Quiet here she comes" said Thomas. We all looked and saw Teresa come up to us. "Can I sit with you" she asked. I yawned. "Ya, I'm gonna get some sleep" I said. Thomas helped me up and I used my crutches to walk to my hammock in the woods. Thomas followed me of course. We laid down and I closed my eyes. "Good night Newt" said Thomas. "Good night Tommy" I said. I was walking around the glade. Every one was working. Teresa pushed me. I stood up and brushed myself off. "Hey, careful next time" I said. "More like watch where you're going freak. You can't even walk correctly" said Teresa.

"What's your bloody problem" I asked. "Don't talk to me loser" said Teresa. She stormed off. She might just be moody from periods or what ever the humans call it. I went to work on the farm. No one looked at me. Well they did when I arrived but then they looked away like I'm evil. I was confused. I chose to ignore it and kept working. During lunch I just got a few glares from the cooks. I guess everyone is moody. I took a plate and sat at a table. Every one left the table and sat some where else. What did I bloody do? After a while I waited for the runners to get back. Maybe Thomas and Minho can talk to every one. I didn't have to wait long. "Hey, Tommy" I said calling him over. He rolled his eyes annoyed and jogged over to me. "What do you want" asked Thomas crossing his arms. "What happened" I asked. I can tell he is angry. "Besides me breaking up with your ugly face nothing" said Thomas. "Ugly face" I asked surprised. "Ya" said Thomas. "I am your bloody boyfriend" I said angrily. Thomas signed annoyed.

"Newt, it's over. I'm not dating a loser like you" said Thomas. He ran off to join the runners. My heart shattered. I felt a few tears. "THOMAS" I yelled bolting up. "Newt, it's okay" said Thomas trying to hug me. I tried to push him away. "No, you bloody hate me" I said. "No, Newt" said Thomas. I kept trying to push Thomas away. Thomas held my arms down and sat over me. "Newt listen to me. I would never hate you. What ever you saw was just a nightmare. I love you Newt" said Thomas. I started crying and let Thomas hug me. I hugged back and cried into his chest. Thomas rubbed my back and kissed my forehead. I can't wait till these bloody nightmares are over. I relaxed and we laid there for a while. We later broke the hug and got breakfast. "So how many nightmares has that been" asked Thomas as we walked. I thought and counted them. "Eight" I said. "So there is only two more you have to go threw" said Thomas. "That's a relief" I said. We made it to the kitchen. Minho was talking to Teresa. He saw us and got up. Teresa looked over at us suspicious. Minho signed and pulled us outside. "What happened" I asked. "I made up my mind. I'll become half griever if I can still date Teresa" said Minho.