Chapter 45

THOMAS POV:

We finished lunch and continued looking around the blades. We of course didn't find anything and ran back to the glade. We had dinner and then everyone later went to bed. Newt, Minho, and I were the only ones up. "Come on, let's see if the grievers will still attack you" I said. We climbed the walls and entered the maze. We climbed down and ran to find a griever. Minho walked a few feet in front of us. A griever looked at him. Newt and I hid. The griever looked at Minho. It said nothing and walked away. We all signed in relief. A girl screamed. "TERESA" Minho yelled. We all gasped. "COME ON" I yelled. We followed the scream and Teresa was being chased by a griever. Shucking fantastic. Teresa ran into Minho's arms and Newt and I jumped ran in front of them. Well I ran and Newt had his crutches. "She is with us" said Newt. The griever roared. We didn't move. The griever was annoyed and left. We relaxed and turned to look at Teresa and Minho. "You okay" I asked. Teresa freed herself and started running. "TERESA WAIT" Minho yelled.

We ran and followed them. Minho grabbed Teresa's arm and pulled her into a hug from behind. "NO, LET ME GO GRIEVER MAN" She yelled. "Teresa just listen to me" said Minho. Teresa fell to her knees and started crying. Minho sat with her and hugged Teresa. "Okay next time we need to make sure no one follows us" said Newt. I agree. We are kinda bad at that. At least Teresa won't die. Teresa managed to calm down and stop crying. "Okay, I'll listen" said Teresa still a little scared. "We are half griever and called halfings" I said. Teresa blinked.

NEWT POV:

Teresa was surprised. "I remember. I remember everything" said Teresa surprised. "Come on, let's head back to the glade but you can't tell anyone" I said. "Okay" said Teresa. Minho and Teresa stood up and we walked back in silence. Thomas had to carry me over the wall again. We walked to the woods with a torch. Mostly so Teresa can see. Thomas gave me the torch to hold. "This lesson shouldn't take to long" said Thomas. "Lesson" asked Teresa. "We have to teach Minho about halfing abilities since he just became one yesterday" I said. Teresa nodded. 

"First you can sting a human" said Thomas. "How" asked Minho. Thomas grew out his nails. Not super long just a inch longer. "We can grow our nails to sting someone but if that is ever needed it's best to do it with your hands and not your feet. The sting serum is a clear liquid that covers your nails when you grow them out" said Thomas. Minho grew out his own nails. He put them back. "Don't use pain killer. It will give you nightmares" I said. "Is that why you and Thomas stayed out here in the woods" asked Teresa. "Ya, the nightmares are over now" said Thomas. We went on to talk about other stuff. It's pretty much slightly faster than humans, stinging, night vision, sense other halfings not humans. Clearly. We can harness a power inside us. (Like the one guy in Split. That one part of him who was climbing on walls and eating people not the other parts though. That is what Newt meant in the first chapter when he said Thomas can break out of the pit if he wanted to). After about a hour or so Teresa went to bed. Minho did lay with her but he says they aren't dating.