Chapter 4

THOMAS POV:

I adjusted my shirt. "What do you say Greenie, wanna see what you're made of" asked Gally. People started chanting greenie, greenie, greenie. I walked inside the circle and every one cheered. "Rules are simple green bean. I try to push you out of the circle, you try and last more than five seconds" said Gally. Every one laughed. "Ready" asked Gally. I nodded and Gally ran up to me. He pushed me into the crowd and they pushed me back at Gally. He caught me and threw me on the ground. I coughed a little. I looked back at Gally. "Come on Greenie, we're not done yet" said Gally. I stood up and adjusted my shirt. "Stop calling me greenie" I said. "Stop calling you that, what do you wanna be called? Shank" asked Gally. Every one laughed except Newt who just snickered. "What do you think boys, does he look like a shank" asked Gally. I ran up to Gally. We fought for bit till Gally threw me on the floor. I rolled over a bit. I stood up and coughed a little. "You know what, I think I'm settled on Shank" said Gally.

I ran up to Gally and managed to throw him on the ground but fell on my knees. Newt smiled and every one else was surprised. I stood up. "Not bad for a greenie huh" I said. Gally rolled over and tripped me by my legs. Gally stood up and I fell and smacked my head on the ground. Thomas. I was shocked. I remember my name. "Thomas" I said. "Hey" I said standing up. "Thomas" I said. Every one was confused. "I remember my name, I'm Thomas" I said. "THOMAS" Alby yelled pointing at me. Every one else cheered.

NEWT POV:

I cheered. Finally get to know his name. "Welcome home Thomas" said Frypan giving Thomas a drink. He drinked it and then spit it up in the air as every one cheered. He gave the drink back and clearly it tasted bad. "Good job, Thomas" said Gally as him and Thomas shook hands. A griever roared and we all looked at the maze. "What the heck was that" asked Thomas. "That my friend is a griever. Don't worry you're safe here with us. Nothing get's past those walls" said Gally. "Alright guys let's tuck it in for the night" said Alby.

Every one started leaving and we put the fire out. I laid on my bed and pretended to sleep for a while. Grievers don't sleep so Thomas and I can't sleep. I've tried. I only lied awake for hours and rolled over and over again and again. I waited for every one to be asleep and snuck out of my hammock. I silently walked over to Thomas. He turned his head to look at me. "Come on" I whispered. Thomas silently got up and we left the sleep area. When we were far enough away we didn't care any more to walk silently. I took Thomas to the runner base. We entered and I closed the door. We have night vision so we don't need to have a light. "What is this place" asked Thomas. "It's the runners base. It's where they keep the map" I said. I pulled the sheet off the table and showed Thomas the map that they built. "They memorized all of this" said Thomas. "Yep, still haven't found the exit though" I said dropping the sheet on the floor. "Shouldn't we help them" asked Thomas. "No, we aren't meant to. It's our job to keep them here. That's why they put you and me in here. They don't want the humans to get out" I said.