Chapter 20

THOMAS POV:

Newt signed. "Fine, let's get some breakfast" said Newt. I had to carry Newt to the kitchen for breakfast. I set Newt down at a table and got some breakfast. A few other gladers had trouble walking. That goat really did a number on poor Bob. Broke both his legs and a arm. I honestly wonder why that goat didn't just attack everyone earlier. I sat across from Newt and set a plate in front of him. "Thanks Tommy" said Newt. "Your welcome babe" I said. Newt blushed and he got a fork. Newt started eating. "So what do I do today" asked Newt as we started eating. "Rest" I said. Newt signed and rolled his eyes annoyed. "I meant while I rest. I can't bloody sleep" said Newt whispering the last part for only me to hear. He has a good point though. I kept eating trying to think. "You can try talking to the other gladers that can't work" I said. "Ya we will have a bloody meeting and become best friends" said Newt sarcastically. I signed and put my fork down. I grabbed  Newt's hand and made him put the fork down.

"You'll be fine Newt. I'll be back before you know I left" I said. Every one started leaving. I told Minho I will be out there soon. "It's not missing you I'm worried about. I just remember before you came up I was alone. Sure there were other people here but none of them were like me. Every night when the gladers went to sleep I was alone until you showed up. I can't go threw that again" said Newt. "Newt, that's not gonna happen. You aren't the only one hurt and if you are that bored talk to some one" I said.

NEWT POV:

I signed. Thomas left and carried me to my hammock. When he was gone I stood up. "Where you going" asked a boy. "I'll be back" I said. "What ever you need I can go get it" said Lewis. He goes back to running tomorrow. "I will be fine" I said. "If you say so" said Lewis. I limped over to the farm. "Hey Newt, how you feeling" asked a farmer. "Could be bloody better but I can still work" I said. The farmers looked at each other like I was crazy. 

I started working and some of the farmers whispered to each other. I chose to ignore them. I started weeding some plants. Alby walked up to me. "You should be resting" he said. "I'll be fine Alby, I can still work" I said. I went back to work. "You can barely walk" said Alby. I ignored him. I don't need to be able to walk in order to work. "Okay take him to the pit" said Alby. "What" I asked surprised. Some boys picked me up. "ALBY WHAT ARE YOU BLOODY DOING" I yelled. "You need to rest" said Alby. "I CAN BLOODY WORK" I yelled. "You need to rest Newt. Your leg is injured" said Alby. I signed and was carried away. They set me in the pit. The gate was locked and I sat on the ground. Thomas is probably not gonna be happy when he hears about this. I wonder how he is doing. I signed. Right now I wish I could sleep. That way I could actually do something but I can't. I was let out for lunch and carried to the kitchen. I still think I can work. I ate lunch which I'm glade is Frypan's stew. I really love his stew and it makes me feel better.