Chapter 13

NEWT POV:

"That shank can't even handle fighting me or Ben when he was stung" said Gally. "They can make it, I'm sure" I said. "Maybe they will" said Chuck. I know they will but I can't tell how I know. "Fine, I'll give them till tomorrow. If they don't come back then we will assume the are dead" said Alby. He left. Every one else left. The runners took Lewis to the medjacks. During dinner it was super quiet. No one said anything. I snuck some bread in my pockets for Minho and Thomas. Minho can make it if he is with Thomas. The grievers might not attack him. However Minho can't see me in the maze or everything is over. I waited for everyone else to be asleep and then went to see Thomas and Minho. If Minho is still alive. I climbed the wall and entered the maze. I started running and looking for Thomas or Minho. "THIS WAY GREENIE" Minho yelled. I turned and Minho crashed into me. We got up and Thomas helped us. "Wait how did you get in here" asked Minho. "I climbed" I said. "Why, there's grievers in here" said Minho.

Thomas and I were silent. "What are you shanks hiding" asked Minho. A griever walked up behind us. We all froze. Thomas and I looked at each other. Minho was scared to death. The griever roared and kept walking. "What" asked Minho confused. "We should tell him" said Thomas. "No" I said. "We have to" said Thomas. "And then we have to erase his memory" I said. "He already saw enough to question us" said Thomas. I signed. He has a point. "Tell me what" asked Minho. "You have to promise to come with us" I said. "Where" asked Minho.

THOMAS POV:

"The exit" said Newt. "You shanks know where the exit is" asked Minho. "Yes" I said. "Why didn't you say so earlier greenie" asked Minho. "Because I can't" I said. Minho was confused. "Thomas and I are half griever" said Newt. Minho grabbed his sword and pointed it at us. "Wow relax" I said as Newt and I put our hands out. "We aren't gonna hurt you Minho" said Newt. "Really cause grievers kill humans" said Minho sarcastically. "Do you wanna get out alive" asked Newt. "Are you threatening me shank" asked Minho. "We can't have you tell every one" I said.

"Minho just come with us and you will get back to the glade" said Newt. Minho put his sword down. "I don't know what you plan to do or how I now remember everything but I will only trust you so we make it out alive" said Minho. We put our hands down and walked in silence. Newt got some bread from his pockets and gave it to us. "I was able to sneak some dinner for you two" said Newt. "Thanks" I said taking it. Minho sniffed it and slowly took a bite. He then started eating the bread. He must of thought Newt poisoned it. When we finished the bread we started running. I'm just glad we are no longer running on a empty stomach. I started to feel the buzzing again. We made it to the hidden path and Minho was surprised. "How did we never notice this before" asked Minho looking around as we walked. "It's hidden during the day. All grievers have a machine that can open it" said Newt. "You have it two" asked Minho. "Ya, it's in our brain" said Newt. We made it to the end and the buzzing stopped. I felt the click and the three walls went up with the fourth having a whole open up in it.