Chapter 56

THOMAS POV:

"Come on" said Newt with his hand around my back and on my shoulder. We continued walking. Newt put his hand down as we walked. "I don, don't really, I don't even know anything about gardening" I said. "That's alright don't worry about it" said Newt patting my back. Newt put his hand down. "We learned it's best to let the newbies try handling everything till we decide what they do best" said Newt putting his hand on his chest. He put it down. "There we got the builders" said Newt pointing to the builders. Maze started talking about who all looks different. Which is most of us. "Pretty good with their hands but not a lot going on upstairs" said Newt pointing to his brain. Newt put his hand down and we walked. "And then we have Winston. He's the keeper of the slices" said Newt pointing at him. Newt put his hand back down. "And then we have two medjacks. Clint and Jeff" said Newt pointing to them with both his hands. "Oh hey" said one. "Whats up" said the other as they walked by. Newt put his hand down and smiled. 

They spend most their time bandaging up the slices" said Newt. I remember Teresa became a medjack. I wonder how she is doing. A boy bumped into me. Newt stepped back and I had to stop myself from falling. I stood and adjust my shirt. "What do you say greenie? Wanna see what you're made of" asked Gally. People started chanting greenie, greenie, greenie. I signed and stepped inside the circle. Every one cheered. "Rules are simple greenie. I try and push you out of the circle  and you try to last more than five seconds" said Gally. The same fight scene as before happened. Either Gally is half griever now or I am just weaker than before. I'm probably just weaker than before. Us halfings are slightly faster and stronger than humans. Or I guess the halfings. I knocked Gally down and fell on my knees. Every one was surprised and I stood up. "Not bad for a greenie huh" I said. Gally tripped my feet and I fell smacking my head against the ground. It hurt before and it hurts again. "Okay Gally don't break the greenie" said Newt walking up to me. I sat up and Newt held out his hand.

I took Newt's hand and stood up. "Okay let's tuck it in for tonight" said Alby. We all started heading to bed. I know Newt will only pretend to sleep but he might be all alone unless there is another halfing. I closed my eyes and fell asleep. I woke up and felt some one kiss my forehead. "Wow" Gally whispered annoyed and started walking away. "What" Newt whispered following him. I slowly opened my eyes and saw them walk away. "That shank is human" said Gally. "So what? I can still love him" said Newt. I sat up a little. Newt still....loves me? I decided to follow them. I know they can't sense a human. "Come on, I heard the runners talk about how they might have found have found something" said Gally. The walked to the runner base. "What's happening? What we doing" asked Maze. I jumped and fell. I looked over at Maze. "What" asked Maze. "You scared me" I said. "Sorry" said Maze. I stood up. "Greenie" asked Ben. I turned and saw Ben. "What are you doing here" asked Ben. The door to the runners base opened and I hid with Ben against a tree. "Well the good news is they didn't find anything" said Gally. Why am I jealous?