Chapter 18

THOMAS POV: 

It started raining and we all stood under the sleep area. "Oh by the way Tommy I talked to Alby and he let me move my hammock next to yours" said Newt. I blushed. "Guess I'm sleeping next to a cute boy" I said. Newt just blushed. Every one started going to sleep. Some of the boys sleep together because they are married or dating. Yes, they have weddings in the glade. I of course have never been to one since I'm the new greenie but I am positive Newt has. Newt and I laid together and spent the whole night whispering. "I got my memories back" I whispered. "When" Newt whispered. "When Minho and I woke up in the box. I wonder how my dads are doing" I whispered. "I'm sure they are okay but you can write to them. I write to mine" Newt whispered. The next morning I had to get up and run. Lewis is able to join us in the maze again soon but Minho said that if anyone so much as looks tired they are not running until they are better. 

He doesn't want to repeat the night in the maze again. I had breakfast with Newt and then ran into the maze with my lunch. I can write to my dads later but I'm not even sure what I would say. Guess I can start with the usual like how I've been. We ate lunch in the maze and then ran back to the glade. I ran to the base and talked with the runners like always and then went to find Newt. I ran to the farm where he always was. He's not here. "Hey where's Newt" I asked a farmer. The farmer was silent. 

NEWT POV:

My leg still hurt a little. I was currently laying in the hospital place in the glade. I broke my leg. Jeff said my leg will heal but I know I will have a limp until I can get my leg fixed. (Newt has a limp but I couldn't find out which leg it was so you pick). I had a small cast to help heal my leg so I could walk again but like I said I will have a limp. Thomas ran in. "What happened" he asked. "A goat attacked me and a few other boys. The slicers killed it" I said. 

Thomas sat next to me. "Will you be okay" he asked. "Ya, I'll be fine" I said. Thomas hugged me. "I was so worried about you" he said. "I'm sorry Tommy. I didn't mean to scare you" I said. "It's okay but your leg will heal right" asked Thomas. "No, the bone part can but the medal won't" I said. "Can't you have it replaced" asked Thomas. "Probably, but after the war is over" I said. "So you can't walk until then" asked Thomas. "No I can walk, well not right now but I can when the bone is healed. I will just have a limp" I said. "How bad is it broken" asked Thomas. "I don't know, I thought of getting it checked later tonight but I can't walk there myself" I said. Thomas stood up. "Well, we should head to dinner" I said. "Good, I'm getting bloody hungry" I said. Thomas picked me up bridal style and carried me to the kitchen. Thomas then sat me at a table and went to go get us some food. After we ate Thomas carried me to my hammock and we laid there till every one was asleep. Then we had to climb the walls.