chapter 48 *Wedding*

NEWT POV;

I can't stop smiling as I worked. To be honest I have been to a couple of glader weddings but never pictured what mine will look like. However this is Thomas' first glade wedding. After the runners came back and finished their meeting we all got ready. We can't dress up but we can at least make sure we look presentable. I adjusted my hair and tried to brush some dirt off my clothes. I finished and ran to the wedding. More of limped run but whatever. Hopefully Thomas won't notice too much. I made it and everyone was there. Teresa had a small flower in her hair and sat next to Minho. Thomas and Alby were at the altar. We planned it this way. I had a huge smile on my face as I walked down the aisle. "He's limping" a glader whispered. "Ya, the medjacks can't fix it" another whispered. "Newtmas is so cute. They are finally getting married" said a glader. I blushed. Nice ship name. "Are you crying" asked a glader."No, maybe. Does it matter" asked the glader who said Newtmas. I made it to the altar. Thomas was smiling like me.

"We are gathered here today to join these two boys. May they be together for eternity" said Alby. I held Thomas hands. "Thomas, do you promise to protect and love Newt with all your heart" asked Alby. "I will" said Thomas. "Newt, do you promise to protect and love Thomas with all your heart" asked Alby. "Yes" I said. Thomas and I put the rings on. "Then you are now together as one. You may kiss" said Alby. Thomas grabbed me by the waist and kissed me on the lips. All the gladers cheered. We broke the kiss and finished the wedding. 

THOMAS POV:

I grabbed Newt's hand and we walked down the aisle. We walked to the kitchen and had dinner. "How does it feel to finally get rid of the crutches and cast" I asked as I sat down. Newt sat next to me. "Good, those bloody things were annoying. I still have a limp when I walk but I'll fix that later" said Newt. "Why, can't you just fix it now" I asked. We started eating. "Maybe but I would have to get surgery" said Newt. "And you can't do that in the maze" I said annoyed.

"Ya but I can fix it when we leave the maze" said Newt. Minho started tapping his fork against his cup. Everyone else joined in. I leaned closer to Newt. "What does that mean" I whispered. Newt kissed me and everyone stopped. We broke the kiss. "It means they want us to kiss" said Newt. I smiled and we continued eating. Honestly I wish we could take a picture to remember this day and look back at it. I know we don't need a picture to remember it but it would still be nice. Even though none of us are really picture worthy. I am glade we have rings however. I also had Thomas + Newt carved into them. There was a few more times where the gladers wanted us to kiss. After we ate dinner they brought out the cake. It wasn't fancy like how wedding cakes normally are but it's a chocolate cake with white frosting. Can there even be a better cake in the glade? Probably not since we have some fun here but the gladers mostly care about getting out more than anything. Which I would two if I was human. I got a funny idea. I handed Newt his cake but I smashed it in his face.