Chapter 107

THOMAS POV:

"WHAT" Teresa and Brenda yelled. "Newt told me all the mazes are in Antarctica" I said. "Well, guess my wedding is in Antarctica" said Teresa. "Maybe we can invite Santa and his elves" Brenda joked. We all laughed. "But what happened last night" asked Teresa. "With the griever" I asked. "No with Minho. You and Newt felt something" said Teresa. "Ya isn't he human" asked Brenda. "Well ya but it almost felt like I could sense him and Newt" I said. "So what the cure is only temporary" asked Teresa. "Well it could just be evolving. I mean humans evolved from monkeys so maybe halfings are starting to sense humans" I said. "Either way I can not wait till the whole war is over" said Brenda. "Ya, and isn't America land of the free for every one regardless of who and what you are? This war kinda makes us look stupid" said Teresa. "Well it's not the first stupid war that ever happened" I said. The doors sounded. We looked and saw that they were finally opening. We stood up and a bunch of boys were there waiting. "STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS" a boy yelled. 

"Oh at least we are alive. Besides it was just a misunderstanding. I thought the runners were lying about the exit but after last night I take back everything I said and thought about them" said Brenda. Which is a good cover up I guess. A lot of the boys asked questions about what happened out there and how the babies are doing. I told them I felt them move last night but I couldn't run that well so we tied a vine around my chest and Teresa and Brenda tied me up against one of the walls so the grievers won't see me (like Alby in the movie).

NEWT POV:

Clint and Jeff said that it worked but it was kinda stupid and could of made things worse because in four months pregnant you have Labor breathing. In short the baby is pushing up against your lungs or something like that but it should move down and Thomas will have more energy this month. After Clint and Jeff did a check up on Thomas, Teresa, and Brenda we had breakfast. Gally hasn't said a word since yesterday. He is eating breakfast and acting like normal though. 

"Do you think I can run the maze today" asked Thomas as we ate. "Of course not" I said. "Why" asked Thomas. "Because you are bloody pregnant with our two children" I said. "But I have more energy this month" said Thomas. "And labor breathing" I said. "Newt I'm not gonna stay in my hammock all day" said Thomas annoyed. "Good, then you can help out around the glade" I said. Thomas signed annoyed. "Newt please" asked Thomas. I signed annoyed and turned to where Minho was sitting. "HEY MINHO" I yelled. The entire room was silent. "What" asked Minho. "Tommy wants to know if he can run again" I said. "Did he already give birth" asked Minho confused. "No" I said. "Thomas you may have more energy this month but it's too dangerous. You will be safer" Minho started. Thomas and I froze. We sensed something and Minho looked down surprised. "You okay Minho" asked a runner. "Ya, but Thomas you aren't running the maze until the medjacks say you are healthy enough to" said Minho. Thomas signed annoyed and kept eating. Everyone went back to talking. I leaned in closer to whisper to Thomas. "Did you feel that" I whispered. "Ya, do you think Minho is turning back" asked Thomas. We said nothing and looked at Aris.