Chapter 17

NEWT POV:

The runners came back and I fixed my hair. I know I don't even look like date ready material but it's not like I can create a tux out of a tree. After the runners chatted in their base they all left to do their own thing. Thomas came up to me. "How'd today go" I asked. "Well, we didn't find anything today" said Thomas. I nodded. I unwrapped the blind fold from my arm and stood behind Thomas. He looked back at me and I tried to put the blind fold on him. "What are you doing" Thomas asked stepping back. "Just trust me Tommy" I said. I put the blind fold over his eyes and tied it. "Can you see anything" I asked. "No" said Thomas. "Good, come on" I said taking Thomas' hand. I lead Thomas to the picnic I set up. "Where are we going Newt" asked Thomas. "Relax Tommy, you'll see" I said. We made it and I sat Thomas down on the sheet. "What am I sitting on" asked Thomas. "A sheet" I said. "Can I take the blind fold off" asked Thomas. "Not yet Tommy" I said.

Thomas signed annoyed. "Okay, I'll be right back. You wait here and don't take the blind fold off" I said. "Where are you going" asked Thomas. "I'll be right back just don't leave" I said. "Newt where would I go, I'm blind folded" said Thomas. Some boys were watching us. I kissed Thomas on the lips and made him blush. "I'll be right back, no peeking" I said. I ran off to the kitchen and grabbed a basket. I put some food in the basket and ran back to Thomas. All the boys who were watching were eating their own food.

THOMAS POV:

I heard Newt running back up to me. I can tell it's him because I can since another halfing running up to me. Newt set something down and sat next to me. Newt took the blind fold off my head and I saw we were at a picnic. "Newt, did you make all this" I asked happily. "Of course" said Newt. I noticed some boys were watching us in the distance. As long as I can pretend they aren't here and that it's just me and Newt alone together I am okay with them being there. Newt grabbed a basket and opened it.

There was food and drinks inside. The food was two sandwiches, apples (like every romance I guess), milk (they have goats in the glade), and grapes. I tried really hard not to blush. If I knew Newt was planning all this I would of ran faster and gotten here sooner. How ever I did like the surprise and I honestly think I got back before Newt finished. After all he had to run off to go get food. Newt and I ate and talked. We couldn't bring up anything about grievers or the war going on because the boys watching us can hear us so I'll tell Newt I got my memories back later. In the mean time we talked about how our day was. After we finished eating we snuggled and watched the sun set over the walls. I wish it was the actual sunset we were watching but there will be plenty of time for that later in life. I mean this war can't go on forever right? Newt rested his head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around him. I grabbed a grape and fed it to Newt. I swear the boys were fangirling like crazy. After dinner was over we packed up the picnic and every one did their own thing.