Chapter 61

NEWT POV:

I looked around and to my luck no one was listening. I leaned in closer to Thomas. "Are you sure" I whispered. "Six weeks ago we had unprotected sex. I can become pregnant since we are both half griever" Thomas whispered. I signed. "Okay we will go to WCKD and take a pregnancy test tonight. I'm sure WCKD has something" I whispered. "What if I am pregnant" Thomas whispered. I held his hand. "We will get threw this Tommy. They aren't gonna banish us" I whispered. Thomas nodded. We went back to breakfast. After we ate Minho told Alby and us that Thomas can't run because he is dealing with vomiting and all that drama. Thomas and I also told Minho and Teresa Thomas MIGHT be pregnant. I walked Thomas to his hammock. I then went to work on the farm. If Thomas is pregnant than I don't even know how to explain that to everyone. I can't bloody tell them we are half griever. I know that Alby and everyone else won't just hate us for being pregnant. It's not like them. (There are a few gladers who won't believe that Thomas is pregnant but I promise they won't hate them in anyway.)

I finished work for the morning and walked up to Thomas to go get us some lunch. He said he threw up again while I was gone. If he is pregnant then I will have to ask WCKD what they know about pregnancy. After everyone was asleep Minho, Thomas, Teresa, and I went to WCKD. Teresa only came with because she hasn't seen it and she wanted to know right away. I had to carry Thomas as we ran. We made it to the exit. "Wow" said Teresa looking at the lab. 

THOMAS POV:

"You think they have anything on your brother Stephen" asked Minho. "We will worry about that later. I wanna know if Thomas is pregnant or not" said Teresa. We found a worker. (Your choice if James Dashner or not) "What are you guys doing here" he asked. "We think Thomas might be pregnant" said Newt. He held my hand. "Wait here" said the worker. He left and came back with a stick. "Take this" said the worker handing it to me. I took it. "What is it" I asked. "You pee on it. The bathroom is over there" said the worker. 

I went to the bathroom and looked at the stick. I swallowed nervously and took the cap off. After I peed on it I pulled my pants up and waited for the test to load. The lines came in and it confirmed I was pregnant. I ran out to see Minho, Teresa, and Newt. "Well" asked Minho. "I'm pregnant" I said. Newt smiled and hugged me. "Wait what are we gonna tell everyone" asked Teresa. We were all silent. A worker walked up to us. "Well we can send a pregnancy test up in the box tomorrow but we can't promise the gladers won't hate you" said the worker. "They won't. It's not like them" said Newt. "Come on, let's head back" said Minho. We left and Newt carried me back to the glade. The next day when the box came up some of the gladers were going threw the supplies. "Hey" said a boy. Newt and I turned to him. "This is for you two" said the boy. I took the small box and opened the letter on the top. "They think I'm pregnant" I said pretending to be surprised. There was a silence. The boy took the box and started running. "HEY WAIT" Newt yelled. We followed the boy. The boy gave the box to Alby and started explaining. I stopped and swallowed hard. The boy left and Alby walked up to us with the box.