[MinSung] Mates and Everything else

Requested by: spillthatea
Ship: MinSung

Girl this is fuckin hard but I enjoyed writing this.

***

As a child the young prince Jisung was playfull. Running around the garden or the castle halls, making the maids chase for him. Hiding under tables, climbing trees, skipping his lessons, and the worst of all leaving the castle walls un-guarded.

Jisung started to leave the castle walls at the age of 10. It all started when his mother Queen Jihye told him a story about the wolves.

"Mother can you tell me the story about the wolves again?" a 11 year old Jisung asked.

"I don't know. Should I? This story is the reason why you leave the castle walls," Queen Jihye pretended to think. Laughing when she saw Jisung pout. She flicked Jisungs nose and said, "Alright then. Lie down and I'll tell you the story."

Jisung smiled and excitedly laid down on his bed, snuggling under his large comfy blanket. Jihye laid down beside him and started to pet his hair before starting the story.

"Inside the big scary forest are creatures. Big and scary looking, but also ethereal and magical. They resemble large dogs but they are much more than dogs. The alphas could grow almost as large as fully grown horse, while the others smaller than the alpha but also very big. They could run faster than them. Attack stronger than the lions. They don't have dog traits and do you know why? Because they're also humans."

Jisungs eyes widened. Even though he had heard this story a thousand times it never fails to amuse him.

"This wolves could change forms. They could be a wolf or a human whenever they want. You never know, one might be a wolf in their human disguise. It is said that they're quite vicious and would you attack whenever they see you. But that's not true. They only attack when they're in danger. Even when they're hungry they try to control theirselves. And they only kill when their mates are in grave danger. But as much as possible they don't kill humans, they only hurt them. Unless you did something bad to their mate or pup."

"Mother what's a mate?" Jisung asked. This was the first time his mother mentioned a mate when she told him the story of the wolves.

"A mate is-" Queen Jihye was about to explain what a mate was when they heard a knock on the door. "Come in," she ordered.

"Your highness, the king has arrived from his travels along with Prince Chris. They are waiting at the throne room," the maid, while keeping her head down.

"Ah my husband has arrived. Jisung do you want to greet your father and brother?" The queen asked while soothing out her dress. Jisung nodded and got out of bed and followed his mother, the question he asked now forgotten.

"Father!" Jisung shouted when he saw his father, King Jinyoung. His father smiled and opened his arms to hug his youngest son. "Welcome back father," Jisung said, still in his fathers arms.

King Jinyoung had let go of Jisung and let his son wander of to his older brother. The King now conversing with his wife. Prince Chris ruffled Jisung's hair, "Hey there kiddo. How are you?"

"Great! I climbed a tree earlier and Jeongyeon noona and Dahyun noona was so scared and Tzuyu noona managed to get me down!" Jisung said, his voice full of happiness. Prince Chris chuckled and looked at their said maids and laughed.

Prince Chris saw Jisung yawn, he smiled and carried his brother, "Father, Mother, I'll be tucking Jisung in. He's tired already."

King Jinyoung smiled and nodded. Queen Jihye smiled and kissed Jisung's forehead, "Goodnight baby."