[HyunBin] Comfort

A/N: I wrote this a few days ago. I forgot to publish it lol rip me. Anyways play genshin with me.

***

Hyunjin sighed as he closed the door to his mothers bedroom. His mom drunk and his dad nowhere to be found. Another one of their rare fights. But for a rare fight, it's the second the time it happened this week. But the first time his mom got drunk.

He looked at the mess that was left at the dining area amd sighed. He took everything he needed and began cleaning the mess. He's gonna need to talk to her tomorrow.

Changbin came over the next day. Ingredients for a simple hangover soup in his hand. Hyunjin's dad was already sitting at the couch at the living room, his wife sleeping on his chest.

He just shakes his head and greets them, making his way to the kitchem to where Hyunjin is. He greets Hyunjin, hugging him tightly.

"Did you get to talk to her?"

Hyunjin shakes his head with a small sad smile, "They're... good now I guess..."

Changbin nods in understanding and begins to help Hyunjin cook. After cooking they invite Hyunjin's parents to eat.

Mr. Hwang comes in smiling praising their cooking, Mrs. Hwang follows shortly. They talk loudly as they eat, laughter flowing like nothing happened.

Hyunjin decides to let it go.

Barely a month passed when he saw his mom crying again, another fight with his dad. They were fighting alot this days. She was crying in front of him, saying how badly she wanted to run away but she couldn't cause she loves his dad.

Hyunjin couldn't do anything but stare. He didn't know what to say or do. When his mom falls asleep he plays gentle music and closes the door.

He goes out and just stands at the porch staring at the night sky as he thinks. No tears cover his eyes, but his head and heart hurts.

"Hyunjin?"

He looks at the owner of the voice and sees Changbin wearing his pajamas and a jacket on top of it.

"What are you doing here? It's already late?" He asked Changbin. He leans on the wall beside Changbin.

Changbin shrugs his shoulder, "I saw you from my window."

They stand there in silence. Only the sound of crickets and their gentle breathing could be heard.

"You're thinking too loud. You can tell me what ever's on your mind," Changbin suddenly says, breaking the silence.

Hyunjin just sighs and stares at the cloud covered sky, "I just realized something."

Changbin hums and leans his head on Hyunjin's shoulder.

"I always thought... that my family was better than others. My parents spoiled me, they paid attention to me, took care of me, but... ah how do I explain this..."

Changbin holds Hyunjin's hand, intertwining theie fingers hoping to give some comfort.

"My dad never physically abused me... but every time he's mad I get scared. The slightest loud sound he produces makes me flinch. And my mom... I can see how she loves him and I can also see the he loves her just as much... but why is my mom suffering then... "

"Hyunjin..."

"Also...In my whole life no one ever thought me how to comfort someone. No one showed me how. Everyone was just... judging and insulting each other but for some reason they were still happy. And yet... no one showed me how to comfort people. I couldn't comfort her Binnie... I didn't know what to do... "

Changbin pulls Hyunjin in a hug, letting him nuzzle Changbin's neck. He couldn't feel any tears coming from the younger. He hugs him tight as tries to think of what to say.

"You know... your mom loves you so much that knowing you are a constant presence in her life is enough to comfort her."

Changbin runs a hand through Hyunjin's hair, "Whenever I watch you two, she looks so happy. She would watch you with a fond expression on her face. You bring her comfort Jinnie..."

He gives a light kiss to the side of Hyunjin's head. He could feel Hyunjin finally let out tears, sobbing quietly.

Changbin hums and gently sways their bodies. He gently smiles when he feels Hyunjin finally calm down.

Hyunjin stands straight, the heels of his hand pressing on his eyes. He wipes the tears staining his cheeks. He looks at Changbin and smiles, the first genuine smile he gives Changbin today.

Changbin smiles and reaches up to wipe away a few stray tears.

He just wishes Hyunjin could see the comfort he brings people by just being there.