90

1 week later

1 week later

"I'm glad you decided to do this Ava." Aaron grins handing me a glass of champagne.

"Yeah me too, I'm actually glad you talked me into it."

"C'mon I can't take all the credit, you can partially thank that scary blonde friend of yours, she can be quite convincing." He laughs taking a sip of his alcohol, watching my face closely. "Are you okay? You seem a bit distant, like your mind is somewhere else."

"I'm okay." I lie. I'm trying to be here in the moment. It's Aaron's open gallery show, it's swimming with art lovers and potential buyers. I should be excited, he has given me an opportunity of a lifetime to show off my work, I should be celebrating, thankful that I was even considered for this, being just a student. And I am thankful, but I all I can think about is him.

I haven't spoken to Harry for a week now, despite his hundreds of attempts at trying to talk to me. The phone calls, texts and emails have been constant. Trying to apologise at any given opportunity. My room has been filled with "I'm sorry" bouquets of Lilies and Roses and even a few balloons. He even tried apologising in person, turning up unannounced at my dorm, he would talk to me through the wood but I never spoke back or let him in. I've avoided going to classes so I don't accidentally run into him at uni. Even though I'm proud of myself for persevering with this, I miss him and my heart constantly aches.

Missing him isn't enough though. I need this time and space away from him so I can figure out what I want to do. Is this whole situation worth ruining our relationship, is it worth breaking up over?

"I'm just a little nervous. I've seen a lot of the work in here and mine is definitely not up to those standards." I tell him, only partially lying this time, I'm nervous for sure, but that's not what's really bothering me. He doesn't need to know that though.

"Are you kidding me Ava? There's absolutely nothing to be nervous about, follow me." He says grabbing my hand and pulling me closely behind him. He leads me over to where my photos are hanging on the wall and he points to the grey scale photo of the a London road partially covered in snow, Big Ben in the distance. "You see all these blue little stickers?" I nod my head when my eyes fall upon the circle dots located beside my picture. "Each one of those represents a sale. This photo alone has already sold 14 copies and we have only been here for an hour, so what does that tell you?"

I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. For once I'm speechless.

"Exactly. You are very talented Ava Reign. You just need to believe in yourself like everyone believes in you."

"Thank you, for all of this."

"You don't have to thank me Ava. It's my pleasure." He smiles, running his hand through his curls before his eyes roam around the room.

I glance over at my section of the gallery. Aaron chose 3 different photos of mine for the show. Two were made into a few copies, my greyscale London snow picture and an autumn falling leaves photo, and one was chosen as a one of a kind piece. That one is my favourite of them all.