6

Before I know it it's Sunday afternoon

I spent my morning sorting out my things for university on Monday. The start of a new semester is daunting for most uni students especially the newbies. I've finished my first year so it's a little easier now, even though my only friends are Cole and Skye but I honestly don't mind. I'm still the awkward shy girl that I always have been, I don't need to be surrounded by people.

My phone rings beside me and I glance at the caller ID. Its Skye.

"Hello." I answer.

"Hi Ava, what's up? Wanna grab something to eat, I'm absolutely starving, I went to one of those end of summer uni parties last night, my god it was so fun. Got totally wasted. I wish you were there though."

"So nothing new then?" I say sarcastically.

"Hey, I don't just always party and get drunk you know."

"Yeah just 95% of the time right?"

"Exactly." Skye agrees. "I mean shut up." she laughs. "Anyway do you want to come or not?"

"No thanks I'm not hungry" I reply.

"Ahh suit yourself, can't be asked to go now anyway, I'll get my mom to make me something, you know how she loves doing things for me. Skye says. "Oh yeah before I forget, how was your date last night with lover boy?"

"He is not my lover boy and It was nice."I say struggling to think of a better word. "I had to nice time but I also have a bone to pick with you woman!"

"What have I done now?"

"Next time you want to give random strangers my number, how about you ask me first." I scowl.

"Huh? What are you talking about Ava?"

"Harry!"

"Ohhhhh, oops I forgot I did that. Ava, he was totally into you, and even though you don't wanna admit it you was into him too, I done you a favour. You should be thanking me." she says a little to harshly.

"Did you know he goes to our university?"

"Does he? Actually he does look kind of familiar now I think about it, but I'm always drunk so what do I know?" Skye jokes. "How did you find that out anyway?"

"He was at the restaurant Cole and I went to last night, Cole recognised him and told me, he said he has a reputation of sleeping with half the girls at school." I reply. I don't want to get myself involved in that.

"Well I can see why, he is gorgeous. Maybe I've slept with him before." Skye's high pitched laughter bellows down the phone hurting my ears. I really hope that's not true though.

"Skye!!"

"I'm joking Ava, chill out I haven't slept with him." she pauses "I don't think. Not that I remember, but why would anyone forget sleeping with that hunk of a man."

"Skye, please stop." I sigh. I can feel myself getting a little jealous just from her talking about him in that way. Why though? I don't even know him.

"So you are into him?" Skye asks and I can tell she is smirking right now.

"I don't know, I don't even know him, granted he is very good looking but he isn't exactly my type, plus he is not into me. And I kind of have Cole now. Don't I?"

"You went on one date Ava, chill girl!" Skye says in harsh tones. "Anyway I got to go, see you tomorrow at school" Skye says "Or not I might just sleep in." She informs me before hanging up the phone.

I slump onto my bed. Thoughts about Harry run through my mind. What if he has slept with Skye? Even thinking about it is making me feel a bit sick. Why do I even think that? Like he is even a tiny bit interested I've only seen him twice, he probably just wants a new girl to mess around with and I am definitely not that girl.

My phone vibrates in my hand and I look down at the screen. One messaged received from unknown and I click to look what it says.

Unknown:
Miss Ava, how was your date last night? H x

My heart flutters a little, what is wrong with me? I know nothing about this guy, and I've spent like like 2.5 seconds with him. How could I feel like this already?

Me:
Sorry who is this? x

I text back as a joke.

Unknown:
It's Harry, Skye gave me your number x

Me:
Im sorry but I don't know a Harry x

Harry:
We met at Radleys and I saw you yesterday. You're joking right? X

Me:
Yes, Im only joking Harry I know who you are and my date was fine thanks for asking x

I reply amused at myself, I'm actually a loser, my jokes are shockingly bad.

Harry:
Oh it's one of your jokes again, I know you know who I am considering you couldn't stop staring at me yesterday ;) x

I blush, what am I doing?

Me:
I think that was you staring at me. I just happened to catch you x

Harry:
Well you are very intriguing Ava. I would like to get to know you a little better x

What? How am I? There is not one intriguing bone in my body, I consider that Harry must be having some sort of mental break down and I decide not to reply. I don't even know what to say. He probably just wants a new toy to play with and I'm not even going to get myself involved in that. Maybe I should give him Skye's number instead as she likes that sort of thing. That's what makes me and Skye complete opposites and if wasn't for our parents being friends we definitely wouldn't have been friends ourselves.

I lay back onto my bed, put in my headphones and try to gather my thoughts to something else instead of thinking of Harry Styles.

Wish me luck!