22

"Fine

"Fine. I'll meet you there in twenty minutes." I say as I hang up the phone. Skye wants to meet me for coffee. She said its something important but she can't tell me over the phone. The last time this happened was when her grandma died, granny mimi as we called her. The sweetest old lady in the world. She treated me like I was also her grandchild as me and Skye were inseparable. I hope it's nothing as bad as that.

Since Emily was always busy with Cole, she's hardly at home anymore. To be honest I preferred to have the room to myself. I was looking forward to spending my day watching Netflix and eating ice cream but best friend duty calls.

I get to the cafe and she hasn't arrived yet so I grab us both a caramel latte and sit down at the table facing the door waiting for her appearance. Five minutes later she still isn't here and I pull out my phone to give her call.
The ringing of the bell above the door makes me look up, but it wasn't Skye.

Harry.

My phone vibrates in my hand.

One new message from Skye.

Skye:
Im really sorry babe, just listen to what he has to say before your stubborn ass storms off x

"Hey." the familiar raspy voice says as Harry approaches my table. Walking slowly like he is heading into a lions den. "Is it ok to sit down?"

I nod but keep quiet. My heart flutters, like it does every time I see him. But I try to disguise my feelings with my 'perfect resting bitch face' as Skye calls it.

"Are you okay?"

"Fine." I decide to keep my answers short and sweet. I've been ignored by this man for over a week now and I don't really have anything to say.

"You look nice." he compliments me clearing his throat in the process, trying to make small talk. Which is actually starting to annoy me to be honest.

"Just get to the point Harry." I snap, catching him by surprise, considering I'm usually nice and calm.

"I'm sorry. I really am Ava. I was being an idiot. I'm sorry I ignored you. I know you're probably angry with me and I don't blame you but I just wanted you to know that I'll try everything to make this right."

"What do you want from me?"

"Well for you to forgive me would be a great start." He smiles as he runs his hand through his hair. That's definitely my weakness.
I wished he didn't look so sexy right now as it's getting hard to stay mad at him. "Skye gave me some advice the other night, she said and I quote, 'grow the fuck up Harry and do the right thing before she's gone completely and you regret it for the rest of your life' she was right."

"Always the philosophical one our Skye." I bite down on my lip trying not to smile giving him the satisfaction.

"I came here, with a whole speech prepared to make you forgive me for being a complete dick. But as soon as I saw you it's like I've forgotten everything I was going to say. I ignored you cause I didn't want to hurt you Ava. I know that's ironic since ignoring you probably hurt you, but I did it for you. I have never in my whole existence, had these strong feelings before and It scares the fuck out of me and I don't know how to deal with it."