8.

Even though I was 10 minutes late for class, the professor hadn't arrived yet so I was relieved

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Even though I was 10 minutes late for class, the professor hadn't arrived yet so I was relieved. Cole saved me a seat next to him like he usually does. I haven't spoken to him since our date on Saturday but thankfully it's not made it awkward. He even asked me on second date to the cinema, which is whole lot better for me being just a casual thing.

Class goes quite quickly, only going over a couple of things we learn last term to refresh our memories and before I know it it's over.

"Cole, I've got to go but I'll see you later." I say as I rush off out the door not even letting him speak. I hope he doesn't think I'm avoiding him coz I'm not I just don't want to be late to anymore classes. I look at my schedule and I have art class in 10 minutes, it's not far from the photography studio so I don't rush over. Once I get inside the art class I see Harry's friend Liam. I try to avoid eye contact with him but he spots me almost instantly.

"Ava!" His eyes widen, surprised to see me.

"Oh hey Liam, I didn't know you were in this class."

"Yeah just started I just changed from graphic design to art, figured it might be a little bit easier, I didn't even know you went to this uni. I've never seen you around here before." he says.

"Yeah not a lot of people do." I awkwardly reply. "I'm just here, doing my own thing."

"Well consider yourself having a new partner if we ever have to pair up, do you mind if we sit together? he says pointing to the empty desk next to me.

"Of course." I agree to be polite, I would rather sit on my own but I guess Liam won't be bad company. He seems really nice, at least he has made this class a little bit easier for me. I don't feel as nervous to be in here now as I once was and now I don't have to go through art and design all on my own for the whole year. Even though I don't mind sitting and working on my own, having someone around could be better for me, stopping me from being a recluse and looking like a complete weirdo.

Once classes are finished I make my way back to my room. I open the door and see Emily sitting on her bed. I smile at her as I walk in and collapse on my bed.

"Are You okay? She asks me worriedly.

"Yeah fine just exhausted." I reply and shut my eyes. "Classes have barely begun and I'm this tired already. God help me for the rest of the year." I close my eyes for a few seconds as I can feel a headache coming on.

Just as I feel myself drifting off to sleep the door bursts open causing me and Emily to jump up.

"Honey I'm home!" Skye shouts standing in the doorway.

"Jesus Skye you scared the crap out of both of us, ever heard of knocking? Wait of course you haven't." I remark. I point over to Emily. "Skye this is my new room mate Emily, Emily this is my obnoxious witch of a best friend Skye. You will get used to her, I promise."

Emily comes over to greet sky and envelopes her in a hug, exactly the same way she greeted me this morning. "Nice to meet you Skye."

'Wow' Skye mouths to me and I roll my eyes, biting the inside of my cheek to stop me from grinning at how uncomfortable she looks right now.

"So why are you here?" I ask her.

"I just wanted to see my beautiful best friend." I glance at her, knowing that's she full of crap, she hardly ever turns up unannounced to my room." Okay okay, I was hoping...that you..maybe want to go to a party tonight?" She asks finally getting her words out and admitting to why she really came over.

I laugh at her question. "No, you know I don't do school parties." One of my rules is that I don't attend university parties, it really wasn't my thing and usually Skye doesn't mind going on her own. She doesn't usually try to convince me.

"Oh cmon Ava! Just this once and I won't ask you to go anymore, I don't want to go on my own this time. I can show up to the first one alone, that's just social suicide." She loves to be so dramatic, coming up with so much crap.

"What's the difference to any other time?" I say in confusion. First tome, second time, any time is the same thing.

"I don't know I just want you to come. I want to spend some time with you." Acting like she hasn't spent any time with me over the summer, we literally spent every day together. She looks over to Emily "You can come too if you want."

Emily nods in excitement. "I was going to go anyway so I don't mind going with you."

"I'm still not going." I inform her. I've made my decision and I'm sticking to it. I have work to do.

"Harry will be there." She tells me, raising her eyebrows. Really believing that her statement will change my mind and I'll go with her. As much as I try denying it, I am really attracted to Harry and Something about the mention of his name stops me in my tracks and makes my heart flutter.

"So?" I say acting as if I didn't care. To be honest I don't even know why I do care. He is hot, like really hot but I shouldn't want to get myself involved with him. That's too much drama I don't need.

"You are coming end of story even if I have to drag you there by your hair you are coming to this party tonight and I'm not taking no for an answer Ava. So get yourself dressed it starts in an hour."

I know she won't let me stay at home tonight and knowing Skye she will actually drag me there by every single strand of my hair but if I go I'm refusing to wear anything other then what I already have on, although I will put a black hoodie over the top of my vest.

"Fine, I'll go with you. For an hour. That's it."

"You are not going like that." Skye tells me as if her moaning is going to make me change. I'm refusing too.

"Yes I am, since your already making me go a party that I really don't want to go to, you can't tell me how to dress"

"Fine whatever," she says on the edge of shouting. "Emily, are you getting dressed or are you going like that too?"

"I'll change." She says walking over to her side of the room, rummaging through the clothes she had already unpacked and put away in her closet. Emily puts on a red strapless dress and black wedges heels.

After about half hour Emily is completely ready and before I know it we are heading to the party. I am already regretting going and I feel sick at the thought of all the drunk people there.

"I've changed my mind I'm going to go back and you and Emily can go." I say to Skye. "I'm really bot going to enjoy myself, I already know it."

"Not happening." She says pulling me by the arm. "You are coming and that's final. You said you would and you're not backing out now. We always have a good time Ava. Relax and just drop the moody attitude."

God help me.