43

I put the film into the DVD player, deciding to watch 'p

I put the film into the DVD player, deciding to watch 'p.s I love you' for like the millionth time. It always makes me cry and with the mood I've been in for the past two days I figured it was appropriate.

I made myself some popcorn, turned off my phone so I had no distractions and laid down on my bed to enjoy the film.

My mind drifts back to when Harry came over in the middle of the night and we watched the notebook together. I find myself smiling like an idiot. I missed him but Skye was right I shouldn't be the one to apologise when I didn't do anything wrong.

I was halfway through the film and I've already cried about four times. I hear a faint knock. My body stiffens and my eyes dart in the direction of the door. I choose to ignore it and carry on with the movie. The knock goes again a bit louder this time. I pause the film, I have no idea what time it is and who could be knocking so late. I sit up straight on my bed hoping whoever it is will just go away.

The knock goes again. "Ava? I know you're in there, can you open the door?" A raspy but muffled voice says from the other side.

Harry.

I stare at the door for a few seconds not sure if I should open it. I could pretend I was asleep and didn't hear it, I'm not sure if I'm in the state to talk to him right now.

"Baby, please let me in."

My heart flutters when I hear him call me baby. I missed his voice. I walk over to the door and slowly open it.

"Hi." He says, his eyes fixed on mine. "I text you , you didn't answer so I tried calling but your phone was off."

"Yeah I switched it off. I was trying to watch a movie."

He nods his head and the silence becomes a bit awkward.

"Do you want to come in?" I ask him.

He nods again and makes his way inside. He sits on the spare bed in my room. I take a seat on my bed and we automatically look at each other.

"So Emily moved out huh?" He says looking around, trying his best to make conversation. He pulls his bottom lip in between his teeth.

"Yeah, I don't know if she just moved dorms or stopped coming here altogether."

He shrugs his shoulders. "I haven't been in music class to notice if she's been there." He takes in a deep breath. "We finished the song."

"That's great news Harry. At least you won't be stressed out about it now." I say looking down at the floor.

"I'm really sorry Ava." He gets up and sits next to me taking my hand in his. "I mean it, I was being an idiot, I was stressed and I never should have taken it out on you."

"It's okay Harry." I say with a small smile. "I was annoying you, I get it."

"No baby, you wasn't. I was being a dick. You're not annoying, you never annoy me. I didn't mean any of that. Please don't think that it's true. I'm sorry it took so long for me to apologise. We have been in the studio all day yesterday and today, I didn't wanna take anything out on you again so I just waited."