4

Cole was quite sweet, he was in my photography class at the university me and Skye attended

Cole was quite sweet, he was in my photography class at the university me and Skye attended. He was pretty much the only friend I made there in my first year to be honest. No one else seemed to bother talking to me since the first day. I didn't mind though I like to keep myself to myself most of the time, no distractions that way. Though I wouldn't even have agreed to this date if it wasn't for Skye's persistence. Don't get me wrong I wanted to say yes, i know I should put myself back out there but I really was going back and fourth in my mind.

Her words would play over and over again.
"Oh this would be good for you Ava."
"Ava he is hot."
"Its about time you get laid it's been a long time since Kevin."

Kevin was my ex boyfriend, he was my first and only sexual relationship, I was so in love with him, he made me do things I wouldn't have ever done in my right frame of mind. "Get your tongue pierced Ava that will be totally hot, it would be so sexy if you got that done for me"
I was young and naive then and very vulnerable. Ever since he cheated on me I haven't been with anyone, but that was almost a year ago now. I have told myself that I should start dating again and that's when Cole asked me out.

I look at the clock its 6.15pm, Cole is meant to pick me up at 7pm and I haven't got myself ready yet. Dropping the wearing something sexy idea, i pick out a strapless, black, long legged jumpsuit with a white belt. I don't want to seem too keen or give the wrong impression, only a first date after all. I put my hair up in my signature bun and apply as little make up as possible. I decide on flat black shoes as I do not want a repeat of last night now do I? Imagine falling over, flat on my face on a date. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Suddenly the doorbell rings and I know that will be Cole, punctual as always.

My heart suddenly races at the thought of this date becoming real and I feel sick with nerves. I sigh, taking a deep breath as I open the door.
Cole stands there with a bouquet of white lilies and smiles sweetly at me.
He actually looks really good dressed head to toe in a black suit with a blue buttoned up shirt, his hair slicked back as it's getting a little long, he kept telling me he was going to get a haircut but I'm guessing he never got around to it. His blue eyes stand out against his dark suit, completely matching his shirt.

"Wow Ava you look amazing." Cole struggles to say as he looks me up and down.

"Thank you." I shyly reply, looking down at the floor, I'm not very good at accepting compliments. "You don't look to bad yourself." Trying to return the compliment, partially to be nice but he does look very handsome tonight.

"These are for you." He tells me passing me the bouquet of beautiful flowers which I take from his hands.

"Thank you so much. That's really sweet of you." I tell him, placing the flowers down on the table by the door.