24.

When we were fifteen me and Skye were invited to our first party

When we were fifteen me and Skye were invited to our first party. A party that consisted of drugs and alcohol not jelly and ice cream.
Our first ever adult party.

We decided that night if any time we wanted to ditch for any reason, we had to use a code word so the other person would know it's time to leave. Skye has used that word a hell of a lot over the years. A million times more then i ever did.

I knew Harry was uncomfortable coming to lunch today so I told him the story of the code word that me and Skye have been using for the past five years. He found it thoroughly amusing but agreed on using it if he needed too.

Harry grabs my hand as we walk in. We hear Skye straight away so we know we aren't the first ones here. Surprised we couldn't hear her from outside considering she's laughing so loud. We follow the sound and find everyone sitting in a booth in the corner.

The place had an old rustic feel to it, a little run down 1950s American diner in the heart of London. A vintage jukebox in the corner, playing soft music. A few antique instruments hanging from the ceiling. It felt like we were an old teen high school film.

"Finally, we have been here for half an hour, we were going to order without you." Skye says. My eyes widen at the thought of being half an hour late and I look up at the Elvis clock hanging on the wall.

"Relax Ava, we have literally been here for five minutes she's just winding you up." Liam states. Skye laughs as I throw her my dirtiest look and try not to laugh back at her.

Emily glances over at Harry who has taken a seat next to Liam, and then places her eyes on mine for what feels like 10 minutes but was only a couple of seconds. The way she stares at me makes me feel like I'm in some sort of trouble.

I find myself sitting next to Skye since that's my immediate reaction whenever me and Skye are together.

"Hey Ava." Harry's sexy raspy voice shouts at me across the table. Even just hearing his voice turns my stomach into butterflies. "Are you not going to sit here?" he asks tapping the chair next to him.

"Of course yeah sorry." I get up so quickly that my hip hits the corner of the table and I spill Cole's drink over the table and all in his lap, which causes him to jump up. I glance over at Harry who has his lips pressed together to hold in a smile or a laugh I'm not sure which, but I am sure he found that amusing. I can hear Skye absolutely wetting herself with laughter and I'm pretty sure my face is bright red by now.

"I'm so sorry Cole, here have these napkins and I'll buy you a new drink." I say as I hand him the paper cloths.

"Don't worry Ava I know how clumsy you are." he smirks, patting down his lap.

I cover my face with my hand and sit down in the seat next to Harry. I take a deep breath when I feel his hand on my thigh. Just from his touch on my bare leg is turning me on a bit.

Skye always told me:
If a guy doesn't give you fanny flutters then he isn't worth your time.
Harry definitely does.

I'm not sure what is wrong with me today. I'm high on Harry and I'm not completely sure why. Maybe it was the fact that he asked me to be his girlfriend this morning and I'm still in a little bubble about it.

He leans in closer to me and whispers in my ear, "I am going to spoon you so hard tonight baby. It's going to blow your mind." I close my eyes at the feel of his hot breath against my skin and kisses me on the cheek. Harry's sudden affection for me in front of our friends is really nice. I open my eyes and for a brief moment I just completely admire him. His piercing green eyes staring into mine, his gorgeous dimples on show from him smiling at me.

This beautiful man right here is my boyfriend.

"Erm, hello we are still here you know. Stop whispering naughty things in her ear and just say it out loud, she's probably going to tell me later anyway." Skye jokes.
I think she's still a little drunk from whatever party she was at last night.

Emily hasn't said one word since we got here. Just frantically throwing around death stares to Harry, since he hasn't even looked in her direction I don't even think he notices her doing it, but it's starting to irritate me. I'm not usually one to start an argument, but I feel like soon I'm not going to be able to bite my tongue anymore.

"What's everyone wearing to the Halloween party next week?" Cole asks us all. To be honest I think he was just trying to break the little bit of awkwardness that's starting to develop.

"Me and mr sex on legs are going as Netflix and chill." Skye says winking at Liam.
I bite my lip trying not to giggle at Liam's new nickname. I have never seen my best friend so into a guy before in the whole eighteen years Of knowing her. She looks really happy which makes me happy and I'm glad that she picked Liam cause he is such a nice guy.

I feel Harry nudge my side with his elbow.  I look at him with squinted eyes and he is just staring at me. "If you carry on biting your lips, which by the way you know I like, a fucking lot. I'm going to get a boner in front of all our friends."

"You say so many wonderful things Mr Styles, no wonder why you are such an amazing songwriter."

He swings his head back in laughter for a couple of seconds, grabs my hand in his and stares into my eyes. "It's just a natural talent baby."

"So, Harry are you not bored of Ava yet?" Emily shouts out across the table making Harry's eyes dart over into Emily's direction and everyone at the table turns silent. "It's been a good few weeks, surely you must be bored by now, I'm surprised it's been this long to be honest."

Harry clears his throat. "No...I" He begins to speak, before Skye cuts him off.

"Excuse me? Are you calling my best friend boring? Do you want to feel my fist in your face?" Skye shouts angrily and stands up holding up her hand. Liam pulls her back and tries to calm her down. I appreciate her standing up for me, but this is nothing to do with me it's clearly some unfinished business between her and Harry.

"Sorry Ava." Emily apologises looking at me. "That was no disrespect towards you."

"I actually asked Ava to be my girlfriend this morning so I think that answers your question." Harry scowls.

Liam's eyes go wide and Skye's face is beaming with the biggest grin. Obviously it would have been ideal to tell them both in a completely different situation to this considering they are our best friends, but in a way I was kind of happy as I know at least Harry wasn't trying to hide it from anyone.

I glance over at Cole quickly who is staring at the floor. My heart breaks a little because I know he must like Emily quite a lot but I am also his friend. This must be the most awkward situation for him to be in and I don't blame him for trying to keep out of it.

Emily scoffs. "Oh until either one of two things happen. One, you don't get sex from her for a while, and you go have sex with someone else. Or scenario two, you do have sex with her but then change your mind about the whole relationship because your bored and you break her heart. Because that's the only thing Harry Styles knows how to do."

Harry's hand on my thigh grips tighter and I can see his jaw clench. I know he is trying to hold back from saying anything. And I'm pretty sure if Emily wasn't a girl, he would have punched her by now.

It's quiet for a couple of seconds and to my surprise I hear Harry and Skye both shout in unison.

"Banana."