81

After waking up from the worst nights sleep I eventually pull myself out of my bed to get ready for the day ahead

Uni starts back up again in a few days so today I've decided to finally get some work done. I've been neglecting my work for a while now, but I'm unable to put it off any longer. If I don't pass my classes there is no way I will able to work professionally as a photographer like I have dreamt of for years.

I'm taking my laptop, camera and I may as well take some art work to any nearest cafe that's open nearby.

I still haven't heard from Harry but I'm pushing him to the back of mind for now to focus on other things. If he still has a problem from last night then I would rather not talk to him today anyway.

Once I've had a shower and put on my outfit for today, which consists of black leggings and a grey hoodie, i pack up my things and head out the door.

After walking around in the freezing cold for 20 minutes I finally find a cafe thats open and I couldn't be any happier to just sit down in the warmth for a while.

I go straight up to the counter, ordering a large caramel latte as I rummage through my bag to find some change.

The deep sound of a man's voice startles me. "Here. It's on me." He says handing the barista some money to pay for my coffee. "It's nice to see you again Ava."

"Oh hello Aaron, thank you for the coffee. Let me just give you the money back, I have some in here somewhere." I try looking through the front pocket of my bag, I know I have money in here, but I can't seem to find it.

"Don't worry about it. It's looks like you need it." He half jokes, picking up my coffee and heading towards a table. "Rough night?"

Oh my god. I just look like zombie right now. I didn't bother putting on any make up and I clearly didn't look at myself in the mirror before I left. I must look so unattractive.

"Something like that. It was eventful. Happy new year by the way." I take off my bag taking a seat at the table.

"You don't mind if I join you, do you?" He asks politely, running his hand through his hair, pushing the loose curls off his face.

"No, I don't mind at all." I gesture for him to take a seat opposite me.

"What brings you out this early? Shouldn't young people like you be suffering from a bad hangover on a day like today?" He smirks, taking off his jacket, throwing it over the back of the chair before he sits down taking a sip of his coffee. He leans back in his chair, eyes focused on mine and I suddenly become a little nervous from his intimidating stare.

"I had to get some uni work done otherwise I'll never pass." i cough awkwardly trying to snap myself out of my nervousness. I reach down on the floor pulling out my photography portfolio from my bag and laying it down on the table in front of me, along with my sketch pad and pencils.

"Do you mind if I take a look at this?" Aaron sits forward, strumming his fingertips over the black case waiting for my permission.

I hesitate for a minute. "I don't know. I haven't shown anyone these photos yet. I've been working on them for a while now. I don't think it's my best stuff."

"You can trust me, I'm a teacher. Who can you trust more than a teacher?" he grins. "Don't ever put your work down. Im sure there's good photos in there. But if you don't want me to look then that's absolutely fine."

I think about it for a couple of seconds before pushing the portfolio slowly towards him causing a huge grin to appear across his face.

I sit back, sipping my coffee trying not to make eye contact with him or read his facial expressions as he examines my photography work.

"It's really impressive." His compliment catches me off guard. I was genuinely waiting for him to tell me that it needs a lot of work. I don't take criticism too well. "Seriously Ava. There's some amazing pieces in here, you definitely have an eye for detail, that's for sure."

"Thank you. Photography is the only thing I've ever really wanted to do since i was a child. From taking my first photo on my disposable camera I knew I never wanted to do anything else."

"Do you still have the negatives for any of these photos?"

"I do." I tell him nodding my head.

"Well a buddy of mine owns a gallery, he is having an open art show, for new up and coming artists such as yourself. And I would love to show him your work, maybe get one of your photos up at the exhibition."

My eyes go wide as my mouth drops to the floor. "You can't be serious."

He chuckles, leaning back comfortably in his chair again. "I'm deadly serious Ava. Your work is a million times better then you will ever give yourself credit for. Everyone deserves to see your creativity. You need to believe in yourself. Also this will be a giant leap into the career you have always dreamt of having Ava."

I am so shocked that I'm rendered speechless. "I don't know." I mumble hesitantly.

"Well have a think about it and let me know by the end of the week. If you still have my number I gave you, give me a call and we will arrange to meet up with Tony, that's his name by the way and we can go from there. How does that sound?"

I nod my head in agreement, trying to speak but no words will come out. This isn't how I expected my day to pan out at all.

"What are you doing now? I can see the camera around your neck, I have mine in my bag. If your not busy, how about we go out and take some photos. Ill show you a few secret spots to take amazing pictures."

I pull my phone out of my pocket, seeing no new notifications. Which means nothing from Harry and I sigh lightly at the lack of communication. I'm guessing he isn't going to apologise today for his behaviour last night, which is disappointing but I'm not going to run to him when I did nothing wrong. Louis said he would apologise but I'm starting to doubt that he even will, so instead of moping about I turn off my phone so it's not tempting to check it every 5 minutes like I usually would do.

"I'm not busy. It sounds like a good idea." I smile causing him to smile back at me.

"Great. Let me go get us another coffee to go. We may need it considering it's freezing outside."

"I'll pay for it this time." I demand reaching in my bag to find my purse.

"No it's my treat. You can pay me back when your rolling in the big bucks." He jokes and I find myself softly giggling.

I know I should be getting my work done right now, like I originally planned. But considering the gallery offer he just threw at me, accompanying him taking photos was the least I could do. Plus it would take my mind off of Harry and that's exactly what I need.

A/N

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update and I've come back with this atrociously short chapter.

Thoughts on the chapter anyway?

I'll try update again tomorrow.

Also if you haven't already, go show my other book some love. The Girl Next Door. It's getting so good. I love writing entirely in Harry's POV. ♥️

Please vote, share and comment

XxxX

P.s please please please check out Brothers best friend by harry1Daf__ the story is amazing and trust me you won't be disappointed!! Go..go..go!!