7

My 6 o clock alarm goes off making me jump out of my skin

My 6 o clock alarm goes off making me jump out of my skin. I don't even remember falling asleep and even setting an alarm last night. It finally dawns on me that today is the first day of my second year at university. I'm not as nervous as I was last year but I'm still a huge wreck.

I've been staying at my mothers house while she has been away all summer so it's been nice to have my own space. I dread to think who they are making me be room mates with this time. I hope they aren't as bad as Sarah last year, I swear she made my life a living hell on purpose, I'm glad she finally got kicked out for punching that teacher, though he did kind of deserve it.

I have a shower, brush my teeth and pick out an outfit to wear for my first day. I decide on a a plain black vest top, jeans and converse. That's probably the best outfit I have in my wardrobe, I don't like to wear tight things, I can't pull of wearing nice fitting clothes like Skye can. She always offers for me to wear her clothes when we go out or she wants to take me shopping. I always refuse as I know she would pick me something revealing and I couldn't think of anything worse to wear. I brush my hair up into a bun, grab my bag and my suitcase before heading down to my car to drive to university.

Thankfully from my mothers to school is about half an hour drive so I arrive there about 7.15 my first class doesn't start till 9 so I have some time to get to my room and meet my new room mate. I pray to god I get there first so i can prepare myself for another nightmare Sarah.

Room 288. I open the door and the familiar surroundings over whelm me, my single bed in the corner, my desk directly in front of it. I actually found myself missing being here over the summer break. I put my bags on my bed and sit at my old desk, I can't help but scowl across the room to the other bed and think about what kind of person will be coming my way.

Suddenly a girl with short black hair and a huge smile comes bursting through the door, making me jump up.

"Oh hello." she says greeting me, throwing her arms around me for a hug. Wow she's friendly and really energetic at this time of the morning.

"You must be Abbie?"

"Ava." I correct her politely.

"Yeah that's what i meant to say, sorry I'm really nervous, I was really hoping my new roomie would be someone really cool, not like the last one I had across the halls, I swear she was the devil incarnate. she pauses for like 0.3 seconds and continues before I can get a word in. "I'm Emily by the way it's nice to meet you Ava."

Wow this girl can talk, but she seems nice I guess, for now anyway.

"Nice to meet you too." I reply finally being able to speak. "So what classes are you taking Emily?"

"I'm majoring in music but I'm also taking law classes as something extra this year, my mum kinda made me do it, apparently a musician is not a real job." she says shrugging her shoulders. "What about you Ava?"

"Photography is my major, but I'm also taking art and design."

"Oh very creative."she smiles at me. "I can't draw to save my life, I wish I was as artistic as you."

"Im not that great at it to be honest. I just really enjoy it. But photography is something I've loved since I was a child." I smile back.

Okay so she isn't another room mate from hell yet so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. But there's always time to prove me wrong.
I look at the clock and realise I only have 20 minutes to get the photography studio which is across the campus. Oh crap I'm going to be late, I hate being late to anything it's one of my biggest pet peeves, I cringe at the idea. I gather my camera and my books quickly out of my bag I placed on my bed.

"Sorry Emily I've gotta go my class starts in 20 minutes and I hate being late, I'll see you later." I say as walking out the door, not giving her a chance to speak as she will probably have me there for another half an hour.

I start walking as fast as I can down the uni halls with my head down, I turn the corner and I'm hit with something hard m, before I know it drop everything and fall to the floor.

"Ow, watch where your...." the familiar voice growls before stopping in its tracks. "Ava?"

My head darts up as soon as I hear my name to see who I've bumped into thinking I have got to be the most clumsiest person to ever walk the earth.

"Harry!" I gasp trying to stand up on my own before Harry's hand reaches out to pull me up.

"We have to stop meeting like this Ava." He smirks. "I didn't know you went here, is it your first day?"

"No this is my second year." I say looking up at him. I can't help but stare, his piercing green eyes locked on mine. He is unbelievably hot.

"Oh, strange that I haven't seen you around here before."

"Yeah no one really notices me to be honest I just get on with things, but in all fairness I've never seen you here either."

Harry just stares at me and I can feel my face turning red from embarrassment.

"I have to go, see you around Harry." I smile, brushing past as I hurry off to class. I'm defiantly going to be late.

"Hey Ava?" Harry shouts and I immediately turn around and I see him running over to me.
"You forgot this." he hands me my camera that I must have dropped on the floor when we bumped into each other.

"Oh thank you." I thank him, grabbing the camera and throughly inspecting it over hoping it's not broken. I really can't afford a new one and this is my favourite of all the ones I already own.

"It was nice to see you again. See ya later Ava." Harry winks at me before walking away.

I look down at the watch on my wrist. Oh no I'm late already.