48

"Harry?" Ava says diverting her attention back to the table after staring out the window for what seemed like an hour

We took a little impromptu boat trip into the village for a bit of shopping and sightseeing.
I figured she would want to take pictures on her 3 cameras she packed.

Who even needs 3 cameras though?

Thankfully she wasn't sick and seemed to enjoy the boat ride this time.

This was our last full day, before heading back to London tomorrow afternoon.

We took a break for a lunch in a quiet little cafe in the middle of the town.

"Yes my love"

"How many girls have you slept with?"

In an instant my mouth goes completely dry and I swallow hard.

I was not expecting that.

"Why you asking this?"

She shrugs her shoulders. "Just intrigued I guess"

I don't know if I should answer the question. Surely no good can come of this. Im thinking it might be a trick.

"You are hesitating so it must be a lot" she takes a sip of her tea and looks back out of the window.

"Does it matter? None of them meant anything to me. Not like you do"

That was a good enough answer, I think. It's definitely not as many as she thinks it is. It's not a small amount but it's not a huge amount either.

I find myself counting in my head how many there were. Some of them I don't even remember their names or even what they looked like.

"Well?" She pushes for answer.

"Do you really want to know?"

She nods her head.

"Maybe around 35/40 I'm not 100% sure the exact amount."

"Any girls from uni?"

"A few, yeah"

I can see her body stiffen, maybe from shock I don't know. But she's trying so well to hide it.

"Ava" I reach for her hand and hold it in between mine. "I just want you know you are the only one that matters to me. This was all before you came along. I haven't slept with anyone since that night I met you at the club. Other than you obviously. I kissed Paige once at that party but you saw that. Even though you were on my mind the whole time. I know that sounds like bullshit but it's true. I don't want this to effect us. I've had an amazing time here with you I don't want this to dampen our last day on holiday."

During my mumbling speech she happened to relax a little. Which was a good sign.

"It's not going to effect us Harry, I was just wondering thats all." She pauses for a second. "When did you lose your virginity?"