Forbidden Eternity. (14).

14.

My mum picks up almost instantly, her breathing quick and her voice almost ecstatic.

"HELLO!"

"MUM, shush, normal voice, we need to talk." My anger building up every second, I'm angry because of them, how they never told me. And now I swear I will make them pay for not telling me. I stop, blinking; did I really just think that about my... parents? Oh god, I'm turning into a nutter.

"Well? Hold on, you can talk to your father. I'm busy." Her voice snaps. Okay... maybe they have had an argument; my mum only ever uses her 'Bad' voice when that happens. There is some shuffling and then my dad's gruff voice grunts through the phone.

"What?"

"I know how you sent me here, blackmail? Seriously dad, what are you, a dickhead?" I can't help it, it's natural for me to be a smart ass to him.

"Again with the attitude, when will you learn?" He tuts. "Anyway, how do you know about that?"

"Doesn't matter how I found out, all that matters is that I basically know everything now, your 'business' and so on. Why you didn't tell me? Vampire hunters, pathetic really, do you really expect to kill them when they could probably snap you like a twig? I mean, you're not exactly well, strong are you, old man."

"Don't push it Katie." Ah, I'm making him angry. "I didn't tell you because I didn't have to; I'm the adult here, so I decide what I tell the child."

"Child? I'm no child now dad, am I? No, I'm one of them big bad scary vampires that you guys hunt." I laugh harshly.

"Katie." He warns.

"Oh, sorry, if I piss you off to much will you stake me?" I look at my fingernails. "You do know that won't work on me." Okay, I'm totally winging it, but hopefully he will believe me if he decides to ever plunge a wooden stick in me, I'll have to ask Daniel if that actually works, killing vampires by stakes.

"Why would I stake my own daughter?" I pause, okay, didn't expect him to say that.

"Because I'm becoming what you hate..."

"But you are still my daughter." I can't help but smile at nothing, but it quickly disappears when he ruins it. "Of course, if you pose a threat, then obviously we will take action." I sigh but quickly muffle it.

"Well that was the answer I expected-" A loud clang and cursing in the background cut me off. "What was that?"

"Nothing, your mother pissing about." He sighs. "Listen Katie, I don't want you telling anybody about this, and if you do I swear to god I'll-"

"You'll what, call me every name under the sun and send me off to a boarding school with no choice, I think you have already done that dad, and oh yeah, what the hell is going on in the press?"

"They just want to know where you went is all." He says almost innocently.

"Yeah well they have completely ruined my reputation, not that I care about what you lot think, but these guys here read it, and I don't want them to start thinking nasty things about me." It may surprise you that I do care what people say about me, it hurts, but I learnt to ignore it and ridicule them back, although I feel terribly guilty afterwards.

"Oh whatever, anyway, I'm busy, and I need to do some... paperwork-"

"Killing?" He grunts and I smile.

"Goodbye Katie."

"I hope you know this conversation is not over." A long pause and I almost think he has hung up, but then his voice comes through again.