New Town Girl

Chapter 72

Grace's POV

I'm so glad they answered the first two rings, I was feeling so impatient and overwhelmed.

"Hello" Riley answered.

"Hey, I need to tell you something but you promise not to panic?" I asked.

"Yes, I promise. Now tell me what's going on Grace, I don't like when you talk like this." Riley responded.

"Okay, well can you meet me at the police station in five minutes, I'm almost there and I'll explain when you get there, it's about my mom." I said.

"Yes, I'll be there in 5." He responded.

I got to the police station and Riley was already there waiting for me out front.

"Thanks for meeting me here." I told Riley.

"Well of course, and please tell me you didn't call Nathaniel or anything about it? You know they're still in the hospital and really don't need stress." he said to me.

"No, I hadn't called them. I'll explain tomorrow or something to them when they get back. I don't want to stress either of them, they were just so happy and calm with their newborn baby." I responded.

"Okay, so why are we here though is what I'm wondering?" He questioned.

"Okay, well when I went to visit my mom earlier she was acting strange, I asked why and she mouthed me to shh and then she told me to call the police."

"Did she tell you why?" Riley asked.

"I think I already know why considering she couldn't talk loud, meaning she's in hostage of the guy right now or someone so right now us talking is wasting time." I responded.

"Okay, sorry let's go in." He responded.

We walked in, telling the guards our names and why we were here, he then showed us the way to the officer.

"Hey, you must be Grace, the girl who just called in not too long ago, my name is Pete, Officer Pete." he said.

"Hey, and yes that would be me, and this is my boyfriend." I said.

"I understand you wanted to make this conversation in person because you were driving, so tell me what's going on miss." He said to me.

"Okay, well about 20 minutes ago I went to visit my mom, as you know there's a lot of stuff going on, and well I think she's kept hostage right now and I need some police at the door immediately , but you cannot make any sound because whoever is in there will kill her before you guys even get close to the house if he hears sirens or anything, just break into the house do not try knocking. She mouthed me to call the police, she wouldn't explain why but I could already just know." I told the Officer Pete.

"Okay ma'am, so what I'm understanding is your mom is held hostage at this very moment and he may kill her?" He asked.

"Yes." I said breaking into tears.

"Ma'am don't cry, I alerted some officers, they're on their way and we will bring your mother back here very soon." he had assured me.

Half an hour later they arrived with my mom, I was more than happy to see her! Although she was crying at least she wasn't hurt.

"MOM!" I yelled while running to hug her.

"I'm sorry Grace but we couldn't find the person who held her hostage." officer Pete said to me.

"What do you mean you can't find the person? Where could he have possibly went? Where are we supposed to go to be safe?" I asked shaking.

"Hold on miss, I'm receiving some information right now." Said officer Pete.

....................

Authors note; sorry it has been taking me a while to update with all my summatives and exams going on, but I will be updating more frequently now, this is my second update today!:D huraaaaay! Sorry to keep you guys waiting <3 & what do you guys think will be the information officer Pete gets ? Stick around to find out in the next update ;).