New Town Girl

Chapter 32

I woke up and Nathaniel was on the other side of the room on his laptop messaging someone. I couldn't see who but he seemed to be smiling.

Grace came into bed beside me,

"Who do you think he's talking to?" she whispered to me.

Nathaniel had no idea we were even up right now.

"I don't even know, go find out I'm too shy." I whispered back.

"Ugh, only because I love you." she whispered back hugging me.

She started walking behind him to sneak and see but one step made a creaking noise and he jumped and closed his laptop.

"Scared you?" Grace asked.

"Haha, how long were you standing there?" he asked seeming nervous but trying to hide it with a laugh.

"Why does it matter ?" Grace asked jokingly.

"I asked you the question first." he shot back.

"I came behind you to scare you but that stupid last step made a creaking noise so it failed. Well actually, doesn't seem like it failed it you ask me." She said laughing.

"Haha you didn't scare me." he said.

"Good morning" he said turning his attention over to me.

He seemed to be in a better mood, maybe he forgot or maybe Grace just put him in a better mood, oh well. As long as he's not going to be mad at me all day and upsetting me.

"Good morning, how long have you been awake for? " I asked.

"Maybe an hour before you." he responded.

"I'm heading off to the shower, I feel gross." I said grabbing an outfit and heading off to the washroom.

....................................

Authors note; cutting this chapter short because I'm going to start making a Nathaniel POV to continue on with this chapter.