New Town Girl

Chapter 3

Finally arriving home I went straight to my laptop checking my messages, remembering there was a party tonight that my friends had been going to back in my hometown, I knew I would have messages about it so checking my facebook I went through it. I mostly went on to go message my old friend Grace, she always had the best advice to I felt like talking to her about this considering she would know what I should do. 6 new messages, okay didn't expect this .

3 messages from Chelsea 2 from Troy and 1 from Grace

Strange I was just about to message Grace. Opening Troy's messages first .

Troy; message 1 ; Hey babe, tough day at work haha.. yeah well message me when you can, school was okay.

message 2; don't talk to grace , got that babe? she's not being a good friend, she is making up shit because I ignored her today because she was being rude so I ditched her at lunch.

responding to troy; okay ? what are you talking about , I'm not ignoring her she's a good friend babe, I'm sure she wouldn't make up some stuff about you to me just because she's mad at you, she's better than that. well my day, haha .. yah .. good , i guess. exhausting and just confused about stuff, well ttyl.

Gracie; hey , I have something to tell you girl, you know we're really good friends and tell each other everything , well at least you know I'm a good friend , well It's really important , message me asap.

responding; haha, strange I was just about to message you, what's going on ? are you okay? what's going on with you & troy btw? he messaged me something,

Chelsea; message 1; hey, sorry been busy, yeah catching up with the girls, not our friends though, just been hanging out with some new friends and dealing with family stuff, you know what that's like , haha..

message 2; grace is a liar if she says anything to you

message 3; MESSAGE ME ASAP

respond; uh , why are you and troy both saying this? she's a good friend, you guys need to stop. Just because you guys are in a fight, I'm not picking sides or something if that's what this is about. you guys are both my really good friends.

Troy; babe , she's a liar. she said she would ruin us, who are you going to believe?

I read it and ignored it, he messaged again "I know you read it, respond now."

Responding; oh sorry, got a lot on my mind .. what are you talking about? make more sense please.

Gracie; well I know this is something you don't want to hear since you've had enough of everyone trying to tell you Troy is no good, well he isn't and this time I have proof. He cheated on you with Chels at some party today, I walked into the bedroom to get advil because Risha, the host of the party told me that's where she keeps it and so I went to walk up and get some and walked in on them half naked making out .. and sure darling, you know I'm a good listener , what's going on?

Reading it I cannot believe what I'm reading .. I cannot , but how can I freak on him when I kissed another guy, well I didn't , he kissed me, ugh I'm so confused.

Troy; she is just being a bad friend babe, just don't talk to her, she's making up all this stuff, you know I'm working. You know I'm trying to see you bad.

Not knowing what to respond, i knew he could see I read it and I kept getting messages from Grace and Chels but I had so much on my mind, I shut my laptop and just started crying.

I got a text but didn't want to answer, but seeing it was Nathaniel, I opened it and it said, "sorry for today, see you tomorrow morning angel."

I closed it and went right to bed.

Waking up for my third day of school, I quickly jumped in the shower, got dressed and brushed my teeth and everything and got ready for school applying a little bit of makeup and brushing through my hair, I made some toast then Nathaniel came over, I invited him in while I buttered my toast. He had told me he already ate so didn't want anything so I continued buttering mine then got ready to head out the door, he turned before we got out the door asking me what was wrong. I turned saying it was just a long night, My dad rushed passed us kissing my forehead saying he has early shift so he's heading out, he's a cop around here so he was busy. Nathaniel brought me to the couch and sat me down.

I turned and said " Nathaniel, I'm fine, it's nothing to do with you don't worry. Just back home stuff, guess I'm just missing my old friends, it's nothing big." trying to hold in my tears he hugged me and they all came out. He kissed my forehead saying "it's going to be okay , you got all your new friends here looking out for you. We finally headed out the door and drove to school. Sitting together in class I turned and got a text saying, "not going to tell him are you?'' I looked around and closed my phone being so creeped out but ignoring it and would respond when I got home. Nathaniel gave me a confused look and I said it was nothing, he asked me if I would like to hangout after school again and I said it's fine, I'm kind of busy, got to catch up on house work and homework, the party is coming up anyway, how about tomorrow after school we meet up and we can hangout at the party don't worry.