New Town Girl

Chapter 56

'' Thanks for coming shopping with me, Nate should be home within the next hour. You can stay over if you'd like since Riley isn't home yet either. I can make snacks and you can pick out the movie like old times.'' I told Grace.

''Yeah, sure. Sounds fun I miss all those old times.'' Grace said.

''Yeah, no kidding. Going to be even harder when little man comes along.'' I said to Grace.

''Well, guess we got to do it a lot before little monkey comes.'' Grace said giggling.

** 75 minutes later.

''I'm home.'' Nathaniel called walking in the front door.

''Finally, Grace and I just finished watching our movie. You took forever.'' I said.

''Sorry. We got caught up with everything and well I'm glad you had a good girls day out.'' Nathaniel said.

''I want to show you what we picked out for the nursery room and Grace is going to be hanging out with us and sleeping here for the night because Riley has a late shift.'' I told Nathaniel.

''Alright, we can start setting up the room tonight if you'd like?'' Nathaniel asked.

''Sounds fun to me.'' Grace said.

**

    We finally finished with the starting of the nursery room, it was actually looking good. Well I thought so. We were planning on going to watch another movie but I didn't feel like another movie. I had a couple of board games Grace and I used to love so Grace suggested we get the board games out.

     Twenty minutes into monopoly we heard a big loud thump come from upstairs and rushed upstairs. Nathaniel went up first because he didn't want us to go first in case someone was trying to break in, but he didn't tell us not to go upstairs considering the house was supposed to be so secure he didn't think someone could possibly be breaking in. He thought maybe just something fell off the shelf we had just set up.

    Getting upstairs we seen a smashed picture of Nathaniel holding my belly in our new picture we put in the nursery room. The window was wide open, although none of us remember opening the window. We didn't think much of it though because there was no sign of anything else so maybe the picture just fell off the wall because we didn't screw it in well enough. 

''That was weird.'' I said to Nathaniel. ''I don't remember the window being open.'' 

''Me either, but maybe we just left it open and forgot about it earlier and didn't notice.'' Nathaniel said.

**

Authors note; so do you think the neighbor actually knew something and the paranormal stuff is beginning to happen or is this all just by coincidence? Keep reading to find out ;).  I promise to try and update as much as possible.<3  Thanks for being so patient guys !