New Town Girl

Chapter 71

                                         POV Of Grace's mom

   "You're back intime." he said.

"Yes, I just went quickly and told them nothing." I responded.

"Good girl because you know what would happen if you did try telling." He said.

"Can I have something to eat, I'm hungry." I said trying not to sound scared although I swear you would have to be blind not to see the fear in my eyes.

"Yes, now stop acting so scared of me, you've been with me for four days now, don't you ever get used to someone?" He said.

I hated being here, I wish all this stuff never happened. I know I shouldn't blame Aubrey because it's not her fault but it still upsets me how because of her we all are going through this, her dad even got killed and she's still going on fine as if nothing happened. I just can't register all this through my head. All the things going on is just way too much. I wish I could tell them what was happening, I should've right when I got to the hospital, but I know even though they're not around there that something would happen if I didn't come back or if the cops ended up at my house. There is tons of them and only one of me, I can't always be having police at my house protecting me, the whole point of moving was so they wouldn't be around no more, and to get rid of the crazy stalker but that didn't even happen and this is supposed to be a really safe, protected neighbourhood. 

*BANGBANGBANG* 

Who could be knocking on my door, I asked myself. Whoever it was I felt kind of relieved someone was knocking on my door, maybe they would notice something suspicious was going on. I was taken out of my thoughts by him walking down the stairs.

"It's your stupid little daughter, you're going to answer the door and act like everything is alright, or else." He told me.

"O-oh-okay." I finally got out after studdering from being so frightened and nervous.

"Wait are you waiting for, get up there." 

I opened the door to my daughter. 

"Hello dear, what brought you down today?" I asked.

"Just missed seeing you, can I come in." Grace asked me.

"I'm afraid not, I was actually just going to get to bed because I've had a long day. Do you mind coming back some other time, love?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"Are you okay? You're not acting the same?" She asked.

I mouthed shh and she mouthed back why. I mouthed back, "Call the cops when you leave."

She gave me a hug and said goodbye acting as if she was going to come back some other time, she was so believing, quite the smart young girl I raised I thought to myself with a smile.

"Good she's gone, you're smart to not try anything because you know what would've happened to you and your precious daughter." He said to me with a smile while pushing me back into the basement.