New Town Girl

Chapter 53

    Everyone had left after watching a movie, I was kind of glad she left. She gave off a weird vibe and what she said was pretty stupid. If she has no proof than speaking about that to try and scare us was kind of pointless. Like, obviously it was probably about money or some other thing. I never lived in a house for long before because I was always on the move.

   ''Well now we know not to invite her to another dinner.'' Nathaniel said. I giggled and went to fixing the house. 

''Need any help with that?'' Nathaniel asked.

''Yes actually.'' I said, struggling with a shelf.

''Can we call the painting people tomorrow to do it this friday? I have an appointment that day so we'll already be out of the house.'' I said.

''Yeah for sure, I know many people who will do it and are super good and quick.'' Nathaniel said.

''Well they're still painting we could go shopping for our son , like clothing shopping, bottle shopping and furniture for his new room and then go out to eat because I wont be able to eat at our house with all the paint fumes.'' I said.

''Yeah, but also you made plans with Grace's mom and Grace after your appointment remember?'' Nathaniel said.

''Ugh, completely slipped my mind. I'll change plans and make them for thursday?'' I said.

***

**CRASH** 

''What was that?'' I yelled upstairs.

''Aubrey I'm in the basement.'' Nathaniel yelled from downstairs.

''But, I heard something smash upstairs.'' I said.

Nathaniel came running upstairs to find out what it was. He went infront of me to make sure no one had broken in or anything just incase it wasn't just wind knocking over something.  When we went up there, the picture I put on a shelf of me and Nathaniel was knocked over on the ground smashed and there was no window open. 

''I thought you said this place was safe Nathaniel.'' I said kind of angerly. 

''Things fall all the time, it could have just not been placed properly or something.'' Nathaniel said.

''I guess you're right, sorry. I've just been so paranoid lately.'' I said.

--------------

Authors Note; So I made this short, but just wanted to spook you a bit. It could be just the picture frame, but I bet you guys are thinking it's what the neighbor was talking about ;)