New Town Girl

Chapter 37

Waking up I turned to see Nathaniel gone and same with Grace. I was a bit worried but then turned my head to the night stand and noticed there was flowers and a note. I opened the note after smelling the beautiful flowers and it read, ''Aubrey, I didn't want to wake you because you were sleeping so cute and peacefully. I am off to work, I'll call you during break and will be taking you out tonight, Grace is inviting her boyfriend too so it'll be a double date.''

I smiled and put the note down, I smelt bacon and the smell of cinnamon coming from downstairs. Following the smell I walked into the kitchen seeing Grace standing their cooking.

''Good morning sleepy head, I was going to make this for you in bed and wake you up but looks like that's not happening.'' Grace said.

''I can go back to bed if you'd like'' I said laughing.

''It's fine, just saves me time for going up those stairs'' she said jokingly.

She handed me a plate with cinnamon toast on it and bacon, it smelt amazing, I dug right in because I was so starving. 

''Hungry much?'' Grace said.

''You try being pregnant.'' I said laughing.

***

*RING.*RING.*RING

Rushing to get my cellphone I picked up, ''Hello?'' ''Hey Aubrey, it's me'' Nathaniel said, ''Oh hey, how's work going?'' ''it's okay, a little slow but whatever. I might be a little late coming home since it's going slow and all depending on traffic also.'' ''Oh, okay. I got your note and flowers, they're both beautiful.'' ''like you.'' he said, I couldn't help but to start blushing, thankfully he couldn't see me because I can only imagine all the jokes he would be saying. ''Well, I have 15 minutes left before I get back to work, I'm heading with a buddy Mark to Tim Hortons right now, have you ate?'' ''Yes, I have, Grace made me food.'' ''Oh okay, love you and I will see you in a couple hours.'' ''Ok love you'' I said while hanging up.

''So Grace, want to find out what we're wearing tonight or shall we do some shopping?'' I said winking at her, already knowing her response.

''Definitely shopping.'' she responded. We both headed upstairs picking out an outfit and combing through our hair. We got dressed and did our make up and then headed for the door. 

''We haven't been recieving notes lately, do you think they seen the police and fucked off?'' I asked Grace.

***********

We finally finished shopping, there was a note on the door step.

''Just when I thought he fucking stopped, I just had to fucking jinx it.''

''Looking for both your boyfriends is going to be quite the adventure tonight, isn't it girls? What a waste of money on such cute outfits you wont be wearing tonight.''

I showed Grace almost breaking into tears, ''Grace he has to be just fucking with us, I already lost my dad, I really don't want my kid losing their dad before their even born, not to mention he's all I fucking have left besides you Grace.''