New Town Girl

Chapter 48

"I'm on my way'' I said into the phone.

"Nathaniel, Grace had just called. Visiting is now to see her mom, are you coming?" I yelled up to Nathaniel.

"Yes, obviously I'm not letting you go anywhere by yourself with everything going on. I'll be down in a second." Nathaniel yelled.

I was getting so impatient, he took like 10 minutes and knew I was in a hurry like what did he possibly need to do that was more important than this.

"Finally, what did you die up there?" I asked sarcastically.

"I didn't even take that long." Nathaniel said.

"Long enough, I'm in a hurry and egger to know everything that happened." I said.

We arrived within minutes into the hospital parking lot. None of the free spots were open anymore so we had to pay for parking.

"Sorry it took a bit, he tends to take forever to get ready." I said giving Nathaniel an annoyed look.

"No you didn't take long, you were quite fast actually." Grace said.

''See, and you were all annoyed with me.'' Nathaniel said.

''Oh whatever Nathaniel. Anyway, let's go see your mom, how is she doing?'' I said nervously.

''You'll see.'' Grace said with her eyes watering.

We walked down the hall and to the left into the fight room and the nurse said only one person can come in at a time so she doesn't get overwhelmed. I walked in and sat beside her. She was in horrible condition, she was so pale and shaky, she was sleeping so peacefully at least.

''Is she going to be okay?'' I asked the nurse.

''Yes, she'll be in here for a little bit, she wont be coming out for another couple days. She lost a lot of blood.'' The nurse said.

My eyes began to water, I didn't want to wake her up though considering she was sleeping so peacefully. I started walking to the door and turned back one more time. I couldn't stop thinking of who could've done it, I can't believe this happened to her, I can't stop thinking it's my fault and it's the same person who killed my father and been stalking me.

** Two and a half hours later.. ''Ouf , we're finally home.'' I started saying, ''I really cannot stand traffic.'' ''No kidding, I don't know who can.'' Nathaniel said. ''I'm so sorry about your mom Grace, I really am. I'm just glad she's going to be okay.'' I said. ''Yeah, I'm glad she's going to be okay too, just hurts that she's such an amazing person and someone would dare do that to her.'' Grace said. ''No kidding, but we'll find that douche bag soon enough.'' I said.

I didn't feel like bringing up asking her whether she's going to be moving still or not after what happened, I mean why would she want to leave her mom behind in this dangerous place. I thought to myself. Everything is just falling apart, I know Nathaniel is definitely not going to let us stay here, I just really hope we can find a way for everyone to move like plans were meant to be. Although it's pretty selfish of me to be thinking about all this at this kind of time.

*** Authors note; so we haven't found out whether they're still moving or not, or who has done it but we have found out she's going to be okay. Next chapter will most likely be about whether they're moving or not.