New Town Girl

Chapter 25

"I promise will find out who did that babe, you have my word." Said Nathaniel as he was holding me tight in his arms cradling be back and forth.

I couldn't stop crying, it was streams and streams of water just coming down my face, and I know exactly who did it. The same person who wrote me that note. I shouldn't have left my dad alone.

Next day

After a terrible nights sleep I decided I'm not going to school. Nathaniel brought in the news paper and I snatched it reading on the front page,

"Terrible Tragedy, RIP to Our Wonderful Town Cop"

I broke right into tears, as much as I tried holding it in I couldn't. I couldn't help but blame myself. I should've called the cops when I first started getting messages and calls. I shouldn't have left my dad alone. Flipping to page 4 to read the story on it,

"Today is a bad day for the town, the best cop has had a terrible tragedy. His girlfriend going over that day to hangout with him to find him dead on the couch with a letter on his chest reading "had enough?" What kind of disturbing person would do this to such a wonderful, amazing man. He was found dead around 2:30pm yesterday afternoon."

I couldn't go on reading, there was so much written about him, how come I didn't get no calls? I had to find out in the fucking news.

"IM HIS FUCKING DAUGHTER, WHY DIDN'T I GET A CALL, WHY DID I FIND OUT THROUGH THE FUCKING NEWS, WHY DID I LEAVE HIM, WHY DIDN'T I CALL THE COPS WHEN THE MESSAGES STARTED." I yelled out crying with anger.

"Babe, it's not your fault. We're gonna get revenge, I promise we are." Nathaniel said holding me.

''Revenge wont bring him back '' 

''But it'll show your dad you care.''

''I love you Nathaniel ''