New Town Girl

Chapter 33

Nathaniel's POV.

I couldn't sleep, when I had noticed she was gone to sleep I had gotten up and went to my laptop. I made it look like I was sleeping before her so she would sleep and not wonder why I'm not.

Aubrey was finally sleeping and so was Grace, I got up and headed towards my laptop. I opened my laptop trying not to think about what had happened because I was still so mad but I know if I can't take out my anger on Aubrey, she's pregnant and doesn't need that kind of shit considering she's going through enough as it is.

It's kind of dumb of me to act so supportive and think about not causing stress on her and being mad at her because I know she's going through a lot considering there was more to just running into an old friend. Things happened, I seriously don't deserve her but either way I have to be with her, I got her pregnant. I don't know how to tell her, I was stupid but it's not like it was my complete fault. I mean she came onto me, it was wrong of me not to push her off right away but going off to dinner with her made me think of our old good times together, I was so caught up I forgot to mention me becoming a father in a few months and how I'm seeing someone. It was stupid yes but I really don't think she was going to start kissing me.

I started up my laptop and typed in my password. I went on my Facebook checking it out and then went downstairs to make something to eat because I felt hungry. A few hours later after eating and watching some television it got back to my laptop and I had a message from her, Carissa Monterey.

Carissa Monterey; nice running into you. really missed you ;) "

Responding; listen, it was great running into you but it was just a friend thing."

Carissa Monterey; Nate, don't deny you felt something. It was like old times. "

Responding; no, no it wasn't Carissa. It wasn't right nor meant to happen. I thought we were just catching up."

Carissa Monterey; babe stop being in denial , you always sucked at it"

Before I could even respond I heard a creak behind me as I slammed my laptop shut. I was so scared thinking what it was Aubrey and that she was reading the conversation. Jumping around to face who it was, scared to even know I seen Grace.

"Scared you?" she said giggling.

"Haha, how long were you standing there?" I asked nervously.

"Why does it matter?" she said in a playful manner.

"I asked the question first" I said to her quickly not wanting to answer her question before she answered mine incase she knew everything.

"I came behind you to scare you but that stupid last step made a creaking noise so it failed. Well actually, doesn't seem like it failed it you ask me." She said laughing.

Oh thank goodness I thought to myself feeling relieved she hadn't seen anything.

"Haha you didn't scare me." I responded although it was so obvious I was lying.

Not wanting to go on with the conversation I turned to Aubrey and said, "good morning"

She gave me a strange look and then said ," "Good morning, how long have you been awake for? " she asked.

"Maybe an hour before you." I responded.

"I'm heading off to the shower, I feel gross." She said, grabbing an outfit and heading off to the washroom.

As she was heading off Grace started questioning me about who I ran into yesterday.

"So, who did you see yesterday? Ever since you've been acting different."

"It was no one, just an old friend like I said. Besides why does it matter so much?"

"I don't know, but I also don't know why you are being so secretive about 'running into an old friend' '' Grace said looking suspicuous.

''Grace , why are you being so nosey? '' I said making a laugh as if I have nothing to hide.

''Well I don't know, just seems like you don't want to say a name.'' Grace responded.

Before I could come up with an excuse Aubrey came into the room, she looked so upset and I could see her baby bump, she's starting to get bigger. I can't wait for my baby to come, but I really need to tell Aubrey what happened.

''What are you guys talking about?'' she says as she was making her way to the mirror in my room, running her fingers through her hair while searching for her hair brush.

I pointed to the other side of the room addressing that her hair brush was over there. She started walking towards it without a word or even emotion. I wonder what's going through her mind right now. I'm still angry at her, but I mean I can't be rude to her, she looks so sad and fragile right now.

''Aubrey, can we talk in the other room for a second.'' I said as I grabbed her hand. I wasn't sure whether it was time to tell her now considering she looked already so upset, but I needed to find the reason to it. Without a word she just followed me.

''What seems to be wrong Aubrey?'' I asked trying to look into her beautiful eyes but she just kept moving her eyes around the bedroom instead of to me.

''It's nothing Nathaniel, so is that all you wanted to ask?'' she said in an upset voice.

''Aubrey, you know I didn't mean to be rude to you last night, just do you know how worried I was.''

'Yeah, yeah I .. I understand Nate.'' 

''Look me in the eyes Aubrey'' I said while brushing her hair out of her face and putting it behind her ear.

''Good?'' she said as she looked away the next second. I was starting to get frustrated so I sat her down on the bed and said , 

''Aubrey what is seriously wrong? You're upsetting me''

''Nate, it's nothing. I guess I just have a lot on my mind.'' she said as she pushed passed me heading for the other door.