Part 123

Part One Hundred & Twenty Three

"So," Aston sighed, coming into our bedroom and closing the door halfway.

"Yeah."

"How was your night last night?" He asked, leaning against the wall.

"It was good, Marvin and Roch were watching a film so I stayed in my room for the rest of the night. Rochelle practically threw me out this morning though," I laughed gently at the end.

"Yeah she kinda did that to me too." Aston chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"How was your night?" I asked, my eyes catching his.

"I spent my night watching Ariel for about the 100th time, how do you think it went?" He joked with a tone of laughter in his voice.

"No it was good, Lexi wanted a sleepover in here and then we took the dog over the park this morning," He added as I smiled weakly.

"I missed you though," Aston said as I sighed, tearing my eyes away from his.

"Come on, one of us had to start."

"I don't know how to." I admitted as Aston sat down on the end of the bed; I was sat at the top by the pillows.

"So it's not good news then." He sighed.

"Ast it's not-"

"If this is actually over can I still see the kids? Please please don't take them away from me." Aston pleaded, eventually looking at me.

"I'm not going to take the kids away from you, imagine the backlash I'd get from Lexi?" I joked but got no response from Aston.

"I just don't think we work Ast," I added, moving down the bed to sit next to him.

"What? Of course we work! Jess we're having a baby-"

"That we didn't plan, that doesn't mean we work."

"We're meant to be getting married, you don't marry someone if you don't work!"

"That doesn't matter, you marry someone because you love them, regardless of whether you work or not."

"You still love me?" Aston asked, lifting his head to look at me.

"Of course I do," I smiled, resting my hand on his shoulder.

"Do you still love me?" I asked as Aston rolled his eyes.

"Obviously, look at you, I mean, it's-it's you," He said as his voice started to break, almost as if he was close to tears which evidently stirred up some emotions in me too seeing as Aston never cries.

"I've never loved anyone as much as I love you."

"Same here, but it's not like we don't have anything," I said, controlling my tears.

"We've got Lexi and we've got the baby,"

"I won't have you." Aston sighed, taking my hand in his and locking our fingers together tight.

"You'll still see me."

"That's not the same babe and you know it," He said as I dipped my head.

"I won't be able to hold you, touch you..kiss you," Aston continued with a soft voice, his voice breaking more and more with each word.

We sat in silence for a few seconds, just staring into each other's eyes before Aston cupped my cheek with his other hand, leant in slowly and kissed me gently.

"I love you, so much." He whispered, resting his forehead on mine as he pulled away.

"I love you too," I replied, a tear finally slipping out of my eye before he kissed me again.

"But maybe we were a mistake."

"Then falling in love with you is one of the best mistakes I've ever made," Aston said sweetly as another tear escaped my eye.

"Just promise me you'll keep me up to date with this one and Lexi?" He asked, touching my small bump.

"What?" I frowned.

"Well it's not like I'm going to be here every day so-"

"Why? Where are you going?"

"One of us has to leave, and I'm not letting you move Lexi again-"

"No, why do you have to leave?"

"You don't want me to?" Aston frowned.

"There's a spare room,"

"Won't that make this awkward?"

"We can just go back to being friends again. This way Lexi doesn't have a clue, you're still involved with the kids and no one has to move out."

After another long ten minutes we talked everything out, tears were shed and we made decisions based on what would be best for Lexi and the baby. If we didn't have them then I'd be moving out and finding my own place. I didn't want to be the one who had to tell Lexi that we weren't going to be getting married anymore so Aston hesitantly agreed to do it.

"I'll go sort the spare room out then," Aston sighed, pushing himself up off the bed as I copied him.

"Here," I said, going over to his dresser and picking up the engagement ring.

"I guess you'll be wanting this back. Thank you for giving it to me." I smiled slightly, taking his hand and placing the ring in his palm.

"Keep it," He said, pushing his hand in my direction.

"Aston I can't,"

"I want you to have it, I gave it to you." He cut across, placing the ring back into my hand.

"You gave it to me with the hope of getting something in return," I sighed, looking down at it.

"I've still got Lexi and the baby." He shrugged, slipping his hands into his pockets.

"I'm sorry." I whispered as he nodded before leaving our bedroom and slamming the door shut behind him.

This is for the best..isn't it?

Vote/Comment if you liked this part or just the story in general

Thankyou so much for reading..as always X