Epilogue

Epilogue

Three years later and it's just a day away from Lexi's 9th birthday, Jayden's nearly three and Scarlett's 1st birthday is just a month after Jayden's. Me and Aston did try for another baby but it took us two years to eventually get pregnant again. Aston panicked a year after trying, thinking that there was something wrong with him so he made an appointment for the two of us to go to a fertility clinic and be checked over. When the results came back it just seemed that we needed to keep trying as there was nothing wrong with either of us, it just takes some time.

When we found out I was pregnant, we were actually on a two month holiday in St Lucia. It turns out that I'd gotten pregnant within the first two weeks of the holiday and only showed the symptoms halfway through. Aston was over the moon! He was just so relieved that we weren't going to be trying for years on end. The day we found out that we were having a girl was probably one of the happiest moments of Astons life, apart from when she was born, because now he 'biologically had one of each' as he put it.

We'd also started on the adoption process after we got married and it took no less than six months for Lexi to be officially classed as a Merrygold. Seeing as Jayden could speak a lot better now, Lexi loved that she had someone who she could have a conversation with. And Aston? Well, Aston loves that he's got at least one boy but overjoyed that he's got two little girls, but he loves all of his children nonetheless.

"Come on sweetheart," Aston cooed as he carried Scarlett into our bedroom in his arms.

"You know, she wouldn't keep doing this if you just left her in bed." I tutted as I closed my book and put it on my bedside table.

"Babe that was like a full on cry, I couldn't just leave her there." He said, shaking his head as he carefully climbed back into bed where Scarlett was now happy as Larry with her dummy in the presence of her Daddy.

"Look at her! She knows exactly what she's doing."

"You don't, do you Scar? No, she just wanted a cuddle from her Daddy." Aston smirked at me after he'd kissed Scarlett's head.

"Trust me, I know what she's doing. Lexi does the same thing and she's 9 tomorrow."

"Ignore Mummy, she's jealous," He whispered to Scarlett as her eyes were starting to close.

"I can't believe she's nine tomorrow, she'll be eighteen before we know it."

"She'll be ten next year, how old do I feel?" I giggled as I watched Scarlett's eyes close completely.

"Hey, you're a hot twenty-seven year old mum, who cares how old your kids are?" Aston grinned cheekily as I rolled my eyes at him whilst Scarlett gently snoozed in Astons arms.

"And this pretty girl's one soon, where did the time go at all?" He asked, looking down at his daughter in awe.

"I know, it's been what? 6/7 years since we met."

"Yeah, seven years. Best seven years of my life." Aston smiled before kissing me quickly.

"Stop being charming and go put her in bed." I giggled, pointing towards the door.

"Fine, but we wouldn't be having this problem if at least one of these two were a Mummy's girl." He huffed as he climbed out of bed and left the room to go put Scarlett back into bed.

"Mummy?" I turned my head to see Jayden stood at my bedroom door.

"Hey, why aren't you in bed little man?" I asked as he toddled over and climbed onto our bed. It was only half ten at night but it was late for the three of them.

"Monsters."

"There's no monsters Jay, Daddy checked before didn't he?" I asked as Jayden nodded against my side.